Showing what could have been...

That Announcer

Reaction score
Here's my idea for a 2005 line up:

Series 10-
Bobo, fully suited, with talking sandwich and remote
Bean Bunny (in MCC clothing)
Sal Manila (three variants: regular, Steppin' Out, casual- all to match Johnny)
Robin

OMG exclusive: Deadley

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I don't know about you all, but reading lists like this just puts a huge hole or knot in the pit of my stomach. Coulda/woulda/shoulda, either way we don't get any of them. I think we are incredibly lucky to be getting Uncle Deadly and a naked Robin (with RC Kermit) and possibly Penguins. I think a lot of resources were wasted on certain figures, variants and exclusives, but I'm not going to embellish because what's done is done and there's no time to fix things. I'm simply going to crawl into my nook, curl up in a fetal position, place my thumb in my mouth and have a good cry. That is how I will mourn the end of the Palisades Muppets line (at least until SS is released).

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Penguin's release is not debateable. The website that is selling it as an exclusive just hasn't been announced yet. So don't be scared, penguin goodness shall prevail!:zany: :zany: :zany:

homerthegreat

Reaction score
That is pretty sad, but look at all the stuff Palisades has given us. Personally, my collection completely satisfies me.

That Announcer

Reaction score
OK. I've taken a look at the Palisades release schedule, the number of figures and playsets that they've put out, and the number of years that they've had the license. I concluded that if Palisades' license had been extended for another half year, and they'd been working like mad from the beginning of this year, the following could have been done:

Series 10:
Uncle Deadly (with 1 chase variant- Steppin' Out)
Bobo the Bear
Bean
Sal Manila

Series 11:
The Penguins (with the chase variant)
Nurse Janice
Link from Bear on Patrol
The Ghost of Robert Marley

Series 12:
Nurse Piggy
The Ghost of Jacob Marley
Angel Marie
Muppet Treasure Island Gonzo (as a regular release)

Series 13:
Beaker (regular release, without playset)
Waldo C. Graphic
Naked Robin
The Ghost of Christmas Present

Series 14:
Angus Macgonagall, The Argyle Gargoyle (with Steppin' Out Variant)
Dead Tom
Foo-Foo
Muppet Treasure Island Sweetums

minor muppetz

Reaction score
out of the characters we could hav gotten, i am most sad that we didn't get seymour, mulch, louis kazager or clueless morgan.

here is what i would have had for series 11-14.

series 11
baby kermit and piggy with rocking horse
rowlf as dr. bob with operating table, skethoscope and baskerville
clueless morgan with rat tourist, swaord, shovel and hat
*louis kazager with microphone, start flag, baseball diaond, baseball diamond display table, and a rat

series 12
baby fozzie and gonzo with maracas and toy airplane
nurse janice with cow, sheep and hat
*seymour and pepe (as bellhops) with elevador operadors handbook
mulch with gargoyle, fan letters and brain in jar

series 13
baby rowlf and scooter with piano and maracas
nurse piggy with hat, foo foo and stretcher
mad monty with digging pick, rat tourist and sword
*zippety zap with bean bunny, hat, carrot, boom microphone and blank tape

series 14
fozzie bear as squire treleny with hat and model of the hispaniola
patrol link hogthrob with hat, octopus and handcuffs
bobo the bear with hat, desk and badge
*nigel the director with eugene the mink, headset, ratings box and entertainment magazine (with muppets tonight on front)

* is for which characters i would have liked as a repaint.

BEAR

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this a lot and trying to find the right time and place to say it, so here it is.

I think we could have gotten A LOT more characters (Sal, etc.) if there weren't so many darn variations wasting time and space in the line. I'm sorry, I hope this doesn't offend people, and I think all the different versions of Fozzie and Swedish Chef are cool and all, but come on. We already had that character. You can only have so many Fozzie's and Kermit's in the display. Atleast for me. I feel it is a bad choice and a waste, especially now that people are begging for a Sal, when he really could have been out already. Instead, they had to go and make a Bunsen in a tuxedo! Poor planning if you ask me. I just hope they don't do this with the Sesame line with very few possible exceptions. If they do make a "regular" Grover (which I am sure they would), I think they should just include props and costume accessories for all his different ocupations instead of separately making "Waiter Grover" then "Professor Grover" "Then Mail man Grover" and "Regular Grover". Maybe a special Christmas line would be okay with me, but other than that I better not see a "Vacation Sherlock Hemlock".

Okay, stepping off soapbox now. Thanks for listening.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Wait just a second.
With respect to the Steppin' Out Bunsen and Beaker 2-pack, I must deffer. This is the one release that's nearest to the crown jewels of my collection cause it's the one that has my name on the back of the box, in the Special Thanks section.
Sure, they could've done that with some other release... But since that's the one, I hope you understand.

As for the rest of your comments Bear... It's OK, a lot of others feel that same way. But understand that in the long run, those variants were necessary to flesh out the series to get where we have. Would it've made sense to get the movies license when all that'd come of it were just RC Kermit? Perhaps that's a bad example, but you get the gist. Variants were needed for the longevity of the lineups to have lasted as they did. And yes, Sal could've been released by now, but consider the various prototypes it's taken just to sculpt something satisfactory to Palisades with the level of quality and detail they've made us accustomed from them. Another thing to consider is that the lineups need to be a bit scattered so that there's a little bit of everything for everyone in a lineup and the retailer/manufacturer doesn't take too big a hit if nothing gets sold. If it were all MT on the pegs, some would go and some would still be there. If it were Kermit Piggy Fozzie and Gonzo, then by the time you got to S4/5 at the latest, you wouldn't have any real main names to help shore up the lesser known characters. So it all helps balance each other factor out.
Hope this makes some sense and have a good day.

That Announcer

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... Wait just a second.
With respect to the Steppin' Out Bunsen and Beaker 2-pack, I must deffer. This is the one release that's nearest to the crown jewels of my collection cause it's the one that has my name on the back of the box, in the Special Thanks section.
Wow! What other packages have you listed?

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Wow! What other packages have you listed?
Yeah, I second that question and why were you listed. What did you do for them? Count, you da man!!! :cool: