Should ALF become a honorary Muppet?

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
I know that many people will disagree with me, but maybe ALF should become a Muppet. He already has the characteristics of one, and I think he would fit in quite nicely. What do you think?

AAO

Reaction score
I agree! People seem to think he is at times...but I seriously believe he should - he'd get more publicity...Ever since "Alf's Hit Talk Show" on TV Land, I ain't seen him since....

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
I always considered Alf to be like a sort of cousin to the Muppets.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
I wish! I wish that when Paul Fusco took his idea to Jim Henson, he wouldve accepted and then ALF would be a Muppet! Too bad though..

What if Disney buys Alien Productions (ALF) Would he sort of be related to the Muppets then?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Fraggleforever said:
I know that many people will disagree with me, but maybe ALF should become a Muppet. He already has the characteristics of one, and I think he would fit in quite nicely. What do you think?
I don't see the point of such a thing. after all he wasn't created by Henson.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Maybe being an alien, he's met Gonzo's family in his space travels.

However, let's just keep Gaffer away if Alf ever makes a crossover with the Muppets.:wink:

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
I just had a crazy idea. What if Alf was a guest star on Muppets Tonight if it was still on the air. The Muppets could sing "Consider yourself", just like they did for Edgar Burgan and Charlie Macarthy. And since he dishes out the wise cracks, he could heckle Seymour and Pepe when they do their comedy routine. Probably like this.
Pepe: Hey Seymour.
Seymour: Yes Pepe?
P: What do you get when you cross a chicken with a duck?
S: Gee, I don't know, what?
P: You get a hen that lays down!
[Rimshot, but no reaction from audience.
Alf: Hey! Your routine is like a rotten egg! It stinks! Ha! I kill me!
P: You shut up hairball!
A: Oh come on. It was a good "yolk"! HA! I kill me! Again!!

I can't think of any more examples, but I'll put them up if I think of them.

Whatever

Reaction score
If you read Bernie Bernstein's autobiography, you know that Jim really resented ALF and resented that Bernie represented him as well as the Muppets. I think Jim would not be flattered at calling ALF an honorary Muppet. Bernie thinks that ALF has a very different type of humor than the Muppets, which he does.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I think ALF has always been as irrevelantly funny as the Muppets! I can see some comparisons with ALF and :boo: :sleep: at least. Well, I know ALF's not really a Muppet, but I love ALF too!
:smile: