1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Aug 5, 2008.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. Despite many people's dislike of the current product in how it goes about its business, the Street is an institution & without it, we wouldn't have had some of the greatest characters ever created, nor would we have had--in some aspects--the genius that Team Henson has brought us over the years, and in short, we would be without one of the most brillant family-oriented programs ever conceived.
  2. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Yes, it does have more clips than before, which is awesome! As for the error message, the site isn't officially supposed to launch until Monday.
  3. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Well problem is I still live at home and really can't make such moves unless my parents say so.
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

This is when it is beneficial to have a computer of your own. XD
  5. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

People who criticize Sesame Street for being kidish nowadays dosn't see the bottom line. (no offense to anyone please) :insatiable::batty::super:[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with the topic of this thread?
  6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

What does correcting somebody have to do with the thread, as well? In all seriousness, this place gets off-topic sometimes, so off-topic comments every so often aren't something to get bent out of shape about (though overdoing it can land one in hot water). But back to the site discussion, it is a joy to have an update to the site, as it's needed one for a while now!
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Exactly. If the site appears to be glitchy, maybe it's cuz all the bugs are still there and are in the process of being ironed out. By Monday, maybe things will be a little tighter.

That said, I saw this "ad" for the characters from other countries in the video player, and I thought it would open up to some foreign clips... but unfortunately it didn't. That's something I'd love them to put up. Clips from other countries.... and not dubbed skits. The REAL foreign Sesame Street segments.
  8. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I just got the site up again, and now the theme is "C for Cowboy" day. Though I didn't get to see any videos. Be patient.
  9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's working for me now, nice to see Gladys make an apperence on the main page video.

EDIT: Whoop, now it's not. What's the deal man? I'm having an on and off relationship with this site.
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I just saw an awsome oldies clip with Oscar the Grouch and Kermit the Frog. I knew that Kermit reported from the Speical "Put the Duckie Down" with Oscar and Kermit but i never knew that Kermit and Oscar had been seen togther again. This is so awsome! *screams at the top of my lungs* I LOVE THIS SITE!

Also saw the "Pigons On Parade" clip. I have the audio from the record with the same name but never knew where it came from. I can't get enough of this. *dances around the room*
  11. Taco Wiz

Taco Wiz Member

This is YEARS overdue! Too bad I missed Grover Day...
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It's been working perfectly fine fine for me so far!
  13. Drtooth

I spoke too soon... you actually can see some of the different theme songs from certain co-productions...

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/aroundtheworld

The Japanese one is very interresting. It's basically the 1970's American English Sesame theme song. No kidding. And hearing Cookie say Iditakimasu was hillarious.
  14. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

If only they'd mentioned some of the older co-productions/adaptations; I'm wondering whether Norway's or Sweden's version had an opening theme of its own! :sing:
  15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Where are the videos for these certain around the world Sesame Street shows?
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi... ISNorden, the Norwegian version (Sesam Staasjen) does have its own theme song, it aired as part of a MuppetCast feature on that particular co-production.
    Also, I got an "Internet cannot find the page" message when I tried clicking on the URL yesterday, so I think I'll wait until the launch date of 8/11/08 to find out what the hubbub's about.
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! I'm having trouble getting on thee now too!

Edit: Never mind. It's back up and working again for me!

Edit again, the video section is not coming up.

You can watch them, it's just the the "browse all" section that comes up empty.
  18. Drtooth

Oh.. of course... You see that big section with Grover and the globe? The thing that says "welcome to the longest street in the world"?

There's a small tool bar just under it with country names (not the side with the list)... click on any of those, and you'll see the opening theme to the country's co-production.

So far they only have Bangledesh, Germany, Egypt, France, India, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kosovo, Mexico, Palistine, Russia and South Africa.
  19. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Is that MuppetCast still available, and would I need a paid subscription/any player other than my PC to access it? Inquiring minds want to know!
  20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Heck no. You can easily download MuppetCast episodes via your PC's media player. You'll have to click on the Archives link, go month by month, and root around for the particular episode, but it should be there for downloading.
    Hope this helps.