Sesame Street video pro's and con's

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What do you think are the pro's and con's of the various Sesame Street videos?

Here are some of my pro's and con's:

Learning About Letters:
Pro's- most of the main cast from 1986 are included, all of the segments are from the 1970s or earlier, and it includes a Kermit The Frog segment.
Con's- This video doens't include any skits with Guy Smiley or Harvey Kneeslapper.

Learning About Numbers:
Pro's- many great early skits are included.
Con's- a lot of characters are not included, and it has too many non-muppet segments.

Sing-Along:
Pro's- heavily features Biff and Sully, Rubber Duckie, and What's The name of That Song?
Con's- not enough inserts.

Count It Higher: Great Music Videos From Sesame Street:
Pro's- features Do De Rubber Duck, Count It Higher, and many segments with lesser-known characters.
Con's- should have been a top ten coutndown (instead of a top seven), could have used more non-Rock & Roll songs (like a disco number), no Little Jerry And The Monotones songs.

Big Bird's Storytime:
Pro's- includes many Sesame Street News skits and Imagine That.
Con's- does not include any Monsterpiece Theatre segments.

getting ready To read:
Pro's- includes a song that takes place at Rosevelt Franklin Elemeantary School (That's What readings All About) even though Rosevelt Franklins not included, includes the skit where Cookie Monster ate the letters that spelled Food, and includes many skits from the 1970s.
Con's- I can't think of any.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here are some more.

The Best of Ernie and Bert:
Pro's- includes the skit where Ernie and Bert go to egypt, the skit where Bert teaches berniece how to play checkers, and The national Association of W Lovers.
Con's- doesn't include Rubber Duckie, One And One Make Two, the banana sketch, Ernie uses a pot as Berts cowboy hat, or Ernie making a clay sculpture of Bert.

The Best of Elmo:
Pro's- includes a good mix of characters.
Con's- Can't think of any (some might think it has too much Elmo).

Big Bird Sings:
Pro's- includes Wheels On My Feet, I Just Adore Four, and What's Your Name?
Con's- I can't think of any.

Cookie Monsters Best Bites:
Pro's- includes C Is For Cookie, They Can't Take That Away from Me, and the skit where Cookie and Telly eat cookies fast and slow.
Con's- too many songs, most of the best songs are also available on other videos, no Monsterpiece Theatre, no Ballad of Casey McPhee, no Me Lost Me Cookie At The Disco or Cookie Disco, both of the non-music skits aren't really "classic" enough for a "best of Cookie Monster" release, and no Ernie and Cookie Monster skits.

The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street:
Pro's- a lot of Sesame Street segments with Kermit The Frog, features I Love My Elbows and This Frog.
Con's- most of the songs on this video have also been available on albums and other videos, no complete Sesame Street news skits, very few non-music skits, features new scenes of grover (instead of Kermit) interracting with kids, which otherwise could have left room for some more complete Kermit segments, and hardly includes any other regular Sesame Street characters besides Kermit and Grover.

A Celebration of Me, Grover!:
Pro's- the clip montages are not as confusing as the ones in The best of Kermit (in other words, these clips aren't as confusing to people who are unfamiliar with the clips as the ones in the other video are), a good amount of Fat Blue material is included, ABC Disco is included, and this video features the best mix of characters out of all of the "best of" videos.
Con's- Allistar Cookies introduction and closing for Monsterpiece Theatre: The King & I are cut (I'd rather see these than a Roger Ebert cameo, and I'm sure kids wouldn't care if Roger Ebert made a cameo), there are no full Grover The Waiter skits, there are no complete Grover and Kermit skits, the video includes a new version of proud of me (instead of the original skit), thre is no Monster In The Mirror, and Herry Monster doesn't appear in this video (except for in a picture shown during the special Monsterpiece Theatre opening).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some more pro's and con's:

Bedtime Stories And Songs:
Pro's-includes an appearance by Buster, the original Imagination, Dance Myself To Sleep, and a very early 1970s skit with Maria.
Con's- the kit where the count counts sleep is heavily edited to remove all scenes with Bert and Ernie, and the re-release, Sleepytime Songs And Stories, replaces some of the skits, a lot of Ernie and Bert sketches are missing.

Play-Along Games And Songs:
Pro's-includes Forgetful Jones, Herry Monster, Guy Smiley, and Lefty The Salesman.
Con's-doesn't include any Kermit The Frog segments.

Rock & Roll:
Pro's-includes Little Jerry And The Monotones, Chrissy and The Alphabeats, a young Gina, The Word Is No, and Monster In The Mirror.
Con's-the version of Monster In The Mirror is not the celebrity version (was that version produced at the time of this videos release yet?).

Monster Hits!:
Pro's-Herry Monster hosts this, Herry appears in five segments (counting background appearances), includes Fur, Fuzzy And Blue (And Orange), We're All Monsters, and C Is For Cookie.
Con's-doesn't include Monster In The Mirror, Proud of Me, I want a Monster To Be My Friend, Circles, Breakfast Time, or anything with Telly Monster.