Sesame Street TV References

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody see The Daily Show episode for March 18, 2010? There's an ROTFL reference to ol' buddy Bert in there, Ima not spoiling it though. Look it up peoples. :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue:

Gobored fraggle

Reaction score
Family Guy does alot of Spoofing Sesame Street.:insatiable::wisdom:,like Big Bird Spitting on Meg,because she was doing her bird calls.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Or Stewie's Sesame Street phone. In one episode he pressed the :super:button (the letter G and the number 4 are wonderful), and told Grover he refused to speak to :insatiable: until he got out of rehab... Another time he was in the front yard burning the phone.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but remember the old PBS kid's show Shining Time Station? In the episode "Mr. Conductor's Movie," when Schemer suggests big-name stars to star in the movie, he says to himself, "...John Wayne, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Big Bird!"

Interestingly enough, Leonard Jackson, who was a Sesame Street regular in 1989, also played Harry in Shining Time Station's first season (the one with Ringo Starr).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Simpsons did it again. Last night, the city of Springfield had hundreds of surveillance cameras planted all over town, and Marge was one of the concerned citizens prying on everyone's business. Marge decides to go home, because she finds it an unsuitable place for Maggie. She replies:

"Maggie! That's not Sesame Street! That's a gay bar!"

The screen featured a couple that looked like Ernie and Bert, a tall guy with a feather boa (Big Bird) and a hairy guy popping out of a trash can.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Anyone seen the new Superjail? In the Pirate Radio, they spoofed Sesame. They had a hand puppet presenting the number 2 and then the Androgynous Twins (probably my favorite characters next to the Warden) join in in an Electric Company sort of parody. And their Number 2 song parody is played for the credits. The creator is influenced by The Muppets, which would explain the talking veggies. lol

Hubert

Reaction score
It's funny, I was just watching an episode of Mary Tyler Moore, and at one point Mary makes a comment saying that when they get young interns in the newsroom, her friend from a rival news station keeps asking "so how are things on Sesame Street?" Just found that to be a cool mention, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
How about Sanford and Son. "I can't believe I would see the day where I watch Sesame Street in Living Color". Fred G Sanford watches TV with his friend Grady. There's an episode where Fred says to Lamont "Son, with this, we're going to be living on easy street." Lamont replies "You mean Sesame Street!" lol Anyone know that Gordon played a bank robber in one of the episodes? lol I have all the Sanford and Son episodes, I love this show. :smile: Great Screwball Sitcom Classic since I Love Lucy, The Munsters and Addam's Family. They sure don't make them like that anymore.