"Sesame Street Treasures Collection" coming this summer!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Hmm. If you add more "news" to it you'll be experimenting with fan fiction of a different new kind won't you?:wink:
Yeah, I'm not sure if it would be better to expand on "news" here or to do a series of newsletters in the Fan Fiction section. Anyone have any prefferences on whether more false news should be written here or in the Fan Fiction section?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Out of the "releases" I announced, which nes are you most dissapointed about not really being able to get (at least not yet... you never know what Sesame Workshop is considering)?

Personally, I am most dissapointed about not being able to get The Ultimate Ernie & Bert Collection Vol. 1, even thought The Sesame Street Film festival would have had all ten Baker films (including the one for 9, featuring Rowlf) and some Roosevelt Franklin sketches.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Actually the whole thing is really a very lovely dream to long for. With all the material cited for the first two DVDs in particular it sounds like it would be the closest best thing to getting season by season sets of Sesame Street( which they still may do if enough demand is put out, although it must be admitted this does seem to be far more practical somehow ):big_grin:

Ah well no harm in just being hopeful is there?:wink:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Okay.
1) I'm ticked off.
2) That was ONE HECK of a GREAT April's Fools man!!! That was really awesome!

Good April Fool's, minor muppetz.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Yeah, I'm not sure if it would be better to expand on "news" here or to do a series of newsletters in the Fan Fiction section. Anyone have any prefferences on whether more false news should be written here or in the Fan Fiction section?
Seriously minor I think any such expansions on this or any other false "news" may as well go appropriately into fan fic section. April Fool is over now and if it's in the fan fic area nobody will be misled by them inappropriately.

We wouldn't want to cause fights or upsets among us would we?:concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Before I posted my prank, I considered mentioning in the letter some of the Ernie and Bert skits included, and making up a few skits to fool the hardcore fans into thinking that it had skts that the hardcore fans didn't even have any memory of.

Here is an example:

"The Ultimate Ernie & Bert Collection Vol. 1 will include every Ernie and Bert skit from 1969 untill 1974, including a three-part skit where Ernie gives Bert a haircut, the skit where Ernie and Bert share jellybeans, a skit where Herry Monster gives Ernie a lesson in self-defense, a skit where Ernie replaces Bert's cowboy hat with a pot, a sketch in which Ernie learned the importance of not stealing, and the classic sketch where Ernie had a banana in his ear, as well as that all-time favorite song, Rubber Duckie".

Of course, the made up skits I am referring to are the ones where herry gave Ernie a self-defense lesson and the one where Ernie learned about the importance of not stealing. Still, I also thought about including this line in the letter:

"Included here is a rarely-seen skit (only seen in two episodes), not shown on television sinee 1970. In this skit, Herry gives Ernie a self-defense lesson, and after the lesson ends, Bert comes home and yells at Ernie for not cleaning up the apartment like he promised, prompting Ernie to punch Bert in the face. Shortly after this sketch aired, Sesame Workshop got a few minor complaints from parents and school teachers who reported that kids punched their best friends in the face because of this skit. Not only that, but the skit also featured a few innapropiate remarks (even for early Sesame Street) and even some subtle sexual jokes (ex: Herry: "Let's say your mother grabs your sack of toys and takes it away." Ernie: "Oh, I always hated it when my mother grabbed my sack.")."

It's probably best that I didn't.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes I think that would have been pressing the joke too far

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Well I wish I hadn't read it just now cause I was so excited...man...now I'm depressed...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was about to be excited, but then I read the date. Kinda saw what was coming.....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Well I wish I hadn't read it just now cause I was so excited...man...now I'm depressed...
You know, even though I am the one who pulled the joke, I keep getting excited thinking about these, and then get dissapointed myself. I keep thinking of additonal fake announcements for more volumes, imagining what I'd like to see, and get disapointed. I keep considering writing a series of press releases in the fan fiction section, getting myself excited, then depressed, then eager to write and get excited again.

It's like I just want to make the kind of announcements that I'd like Sesame Workshop to make.