Sesame Street Sketch Database

zanimum

Reaction score
Would you mind this being on Wikipedia? We have fairly comprehensive Sesame Street articles. This would actually allow anyone to add or correct at the list at any time.

Check out
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sesame_Street

dietrich

Reaction score
That would be great of they were on Wikipedia. My hope is that all classic skits will eventually be archived. :smile:

zanimum

Reaction score

dietrich

Reaction score
People have been complaining about this forum slowing down so let's add to the database. If you can think of a sketch whether it be Muppet, cartoon, live action, or adult only add to the list list with the date as well. Let's try to have a complete database. :smile:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
You got them all wrong. The two sketches "Bert asks to use Ernie's umbrella while it's raining" and "four apples - no, three (with Cookie Monster)" was not from 1969 but from 1970. As for these segments:

287. Bert and Jon Jon: sad/mad/happy
293. E&B: "TEN-Q"
294. E&B: Bert is sick
295. E&B: Eating cookies in bed
297. E&B: Ernie plays the drums along with Bert's knock
298. E&B: Ernie talks to someone on the phone about their day
308. Herry and Jon Jon: loud and soft
309. Kermit and the word TAXI
313. Picking members for the football team
322. Visual Thinking - Shapes
325. E&B: Ernie removes H items from inside the TV set
327. E&B: Sculpture of Bert
330. Grover the elevator operator: only five people will fit

...They ARE from 1971.

cyclone45

Reaction score
Er, what about the gameshows Here is your Life, How Many, the Triangle is right?

ISNorden

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
It was a parody of the Cyrano de Bergerac story. I don't remember the muppet counterpart's exact name. Cookie actually said, "Nobody knows" when referring to how the story ends. This prompted the Cyrano characters to step out of the story and chase Cookie in the living room. He said, "You said NOSE!" Cookie said, "No, no, me said KNOWS, not NOSE!" "You said it again!" the Cyrano character screams and chases him some more.

If I remember correctly, the Cyrano character didn't have an actual sword, but rather used his nose as a sword (which was just as long). I did find this skit a little surprising because it showed a male muppet (Cyrano character) physically threatening a female muppet (the Queen). It was an excellent skit though. I remember the Cyrano character appearing at least one other time in a street scene.
The parody character was named Cyranose de Bergerac (*groan*)...I remember him using his trademark nose as a weapon in that skit. Didn't the queen have trouble finding a rhyme for "rose" in the poem she was writing, or was that another skit with Cyranose in it?