Sesame Street Magazine: October 2004

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You sure bout that? Hmm, I seem to remember a book of the US Sesame Street version, but written as if it were the Mexican version.
Big Bird was refered to as "Avelardo", Cookie Monster was "Lucas" (which is incidently the same Spanish translated name of Daffy Duck), Ernie is "Epi", Bert is "Blas", and Grover is "Archibaldo".
Well, talk to you guys soon, and guess MuppetDude has a point. After all, he hasn't let me down yet and was most helpful with the names of Season 35 characters. So I yield the point to him.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'm 100% sure. And Ernie and Bert are called "Enrique y Beto".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks MuppetDude. Hmm, I think we're butting the original Mexican version's names with the traditional Spanish translations. See, Ernie and Bert's names do translate into "Enrique" and "Beto" respectively, but in the Mexican version's books they're refered to as "Epi" and "Blas".
And for fun, my namesake's Mexican translation is "Draco".
Have a good weekend.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess to distinguish the difference from Big Bird, they call him A"v
"elardo, and his cousin, A"b"elardo. I never saw Abelardo's appearance though! (I kind of drifted away from SS, until they brought out Elmo's World when back then I thought was genius.) Abelardo has made quite a few appearances in Sesame Street Magazinge himself. Going through my current library (which started in March 2002), Abelardo is seen in issues: February 2003 (in Elmo's World about Winter Weather, in which Abelardo shows winter in Mexico is warm and sunny.), August 2003 (in the calendar where Rosita and Abelardo show some fruits such as mangoes, avocodoes, and coconuts grow in the hot climate of Mexico), and of course October 2004. As for the other Pino, the blue Big Bird of Holland makes an appearance in only this issue as far as I know. Well, I'll be back for info on Sesame Street Magazine: November 2004.