Sesame Street Live Guide - '80-'05...

Erine81981

Reaction score
I probley try to. I have been working on a book lately for that. I'll finish it some time today.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Ditto. Some really fantastic stuff! I just wish there were pics of the costume version of the more rare costume characters.

Interesting that the monster called "Turquoise" is not called Mona; perhaps the puppet version on the show was based on the costume version. It's also neat to find out that the Muppet workshop had built the original characters (whereas now Costumes and Creatures are responsible for it).

Ernie81981, is there a chance that you could also post the newer program? I'd like to compare the two.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well if I could I would but its too big. There not like the older ones. The older ones are small and the newer ones are big compared to the others. Sorry about that. I wished I could.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
No problem.

I'll just wait till you have time to show us the very first one (if you'd like).

Erine81981

Reaction score
Don't worry I'll get that one up soon. I'm still looking for it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Interesting that the monster called "Turquoise" is not called Mona; perhaps the puppet version on the show was based on the costume version.
Or maybe that monster didn't actually have a name yet. It has gone through quite a few different names, like Mona, Juliette (I think it was called Juliette at one point), and of course Ingrid.

Does anybody know when that monster puppet first appeared on Sesame Street?

AAO

Reaction score
I've got actual pictures from the show from the 80's when I was a kid...I'll try scanning them later. We sat up front..it was great - really good pictures of the cast...

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Oh cool! Just make sure you post them as links and not attachments. :wink:

Be cool maybe seeing the Guy walkaround agian.

AAO

Reaction score
I don't really know though how to post attachments on here...and I don't - unfortunatly have a pic of Guy Smiley as a walk around ... although, when I was young my mother was picked by Cookie Monster to dance on stage with them!!!! It was in the papers and everything! It was really really neat! She danced with Cookie, Guy Smiley, Hee-Tee, Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, & Grover....I cried when she went up on the stage on account of saddness that she got to go and the fact that I thought she was going to be in the show forever!!!!! Then again, I was little....anyway, the pics I have are old - from the 80's old...Although they're really good!