Sesame Street cards from American Greetings

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Hi guys. I went to the American Greetings store at the mall and they had a whole section devoted to SS greeting cards. Some had the 35th Anniversary artwork style(like the ones you saw on the RIX Sesame stuff) while others were just the retro-syle artwork of SS(see the Hot Topic Sesame products and t-shirts).They even had Japanese-animation style drawings of Ernie,Grover,Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster. I thought they were pretty cool. At the back of each card,it said that "This Card has been brought to you by the letter(insert letter here) and the number 35". And there is the Sesame Street 35th Anniversary logo at the back as well. Each card also came with an envelope with the 35th Anniversary logo and little circles with each SS Muppet(Big Bird,Cookie,Oscar,Ernie,Bert,Grover,Elmo,
etc...)

So,has anyone seen these cards at your local mall or card shop?

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Roosevelt Franklin Birthday Cards

I was in my friendly neighborhood Target store and spotted out of the corner of my eye a bunch of "retro" cards with Sesame characters illustrated on the front. The reason why I say "retro" is that the cards featured older looking illustrations of Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Oscar, The Count......and get this......ROOSEVELT FRANKLIN! Too cool! :smile: Roosevelt lives!!!

So, run, run, everybody run down to your corner store and stock yourself up with a boat load of these before they're gone!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roosevelt, eh? Very interesting indeed. If anyone can post a scan of the cards that would be great.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I saw the Roosevelt Franklin birthday card too!!!! : )

They even had a Guy Smiley birthday card as well,which is also pretty cool.

I've seen these cards at an American Greetings store at my local shopping mall and at K-Mart

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've seen these like 2 weks ago at Target... they look great. I mean, I know people like puppet versions over retro 70's-80's children's book stylizations, but these work well for this line of product...

Klonoa

Reaction score
Yeah I was at a mall in Huntsville, AL (not my local mall), and the card shop there had tons of new Sesame Street cards, as well as an assortment of plush toys like Ernie, Bert, Grover, Oscar, etc. Very cool.

--Klonoa

muppet maniac

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was in my friendly neighborhood Target store and spotted out of the corner of my eye a bunch of "retro" cards with Sesame characters illustrated on the front. The reason why I say "retro" is that the cards featured older looking illustrations of Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Oscar, The Count......and get this......ROOSEVELT FRANKLIN!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

By "retro", do you mean the retro-artwork style drawings of those SS characters that were on the RIX products?

Camellia

Reaction score
Carlton Ornaments (made by American Greetings)

hi, while you are in those Am Greetings or Carlton stores, check for the new tin boxed sets of SS ornaments! enjoy!

Camellia

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exact same design!

There are a few cards with the actual puppet posers on it, but they're pretty juvenile, and they're like 3 and 4 bucks, because they have some gimic inside...