wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
For me, it's the other way around.

I prefer the Muppets as:

1. Sesame
2. Muppet Show
3. Fraggle Rock

If I had a choice of only collecting one line of Muppet toys, it'd be Sesame, hands down.
Really? Mine is
Fraggle
Muppet
Sesame

If I had a choice Id olny collect the Fraggles if they only did one! I mean, there is Sesame merchandise every were I turn, its nice to have somthing different for a change! Like The Electric Mayhem. I was kind of disapointed when the news of sesame line was announced I was hoppong for Fraggles! Who knows if we are lucky, we may get ALL 3!!!! Lets Pray. We can re-enact Muppet Family Christmas!

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Does anyone know if these are prototypes or final sculpts? Oscar looks perfect, but Ernie
I know! Ernie looks like a kind of bat creature, like his face is pointed and his ears point up! :stick_out_tongue:

tmb1975

Reaction score
I love these, but yes, Ernie does look a bit tall and slender. Maybe they'll refine him a bit more?

I don't care though, because I'm scooping these things up the second they hit the shelves. Sesame is my #1 favorite, followed by TMS. Never got into Fraggle. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I think it's just so cool they are coming out with Guy Smiley and Two Headed Monster/FranknStein right off the bat. That rules. Sorry Toys 4 Fun, but it had to happen like this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They all look great, but the Ernie seems off to me... sort of like they used the 1970's version... and In all honesty, I never did like how 1970's Ernie looked. 80's Ernie and Bert looked so much better. Not as overperfected as the 90's ones.

But then again, we haven't seen them in turn around yet, and they usually look better from different angles then a dead on view.

But still a 10000000% improvement off the other toy company, which shall remain nameless...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, here's something to keep in mind. When those S1 prototypes were shown, the prototype of Ernie had a 100% sized head on a 105% sized body. So yes, PT knows that the figure shown at Toy Fair was oddly out of proportion.
But I wouldn't worry about it too much, you know they'll get it right before releasing the figures in late summer or fall.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Does anyone know if these are prototypes or final sculpts? Oscar looks perfect, but Ernie and particularly for me; Guy Smiley seem like they could use a little refining, it could also be the photos themselves... not that I care, I'm gonna' buy them all anyway!
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I just saw these at Comic-Con two weeks ago. They are still using the same figures and calling them prototypes. My reaction on seeing them was that Ernie was too tall... and that was before I read any of this thread. So, they haven't changed him yet.

However, they did have the Big Bird proto there also and it was very nice!

:stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, until they hit the market or Palisades SAYS "Final Version," everything we'll see on the net are just prototypes, tweaking shall be done. As far as color of characters (which you'll see a lot of, too) we have to remember that lighting isn't always so hot where they take photos, so we don't get the best representation online.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... If you wanna see what's been done with the figures so far in terms of tooling...
Go over to the Palisades Toys forum's Sesame Street section, and check out a thread named "Big Bird Improvements" I started. Post #60 posted by Ken shows the figures updated sculpts and paints in their proposed blister packaging. He admits that there are a lot of issues that'll be addressed in revisions... Including Ernie's vertical-striped sweater.