Sesame Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Erine81981! The Worm Olympic Games are one of the signature episodes I remember from my younger days. The worms and grouches are the same participants in both the Summer and Winter Games. If I remember correctly, the Winter Games came first where Slimey won only an "Honorable Mention" gold star for trying his best in all the events. This only served to motivate Slimey to train harder for the Summer Games where he won 5 gold stars making it a clean sweep of all the events, which BTW gave him 5 stars cause that was the number of the day for that episode. Now then, Erine81981, what's the name of the video you rented that had this episode? Where did you rent it from? Did it have just the Worm Olympics Summer Games episode, or were there any other episodes on the video? Let me know so that I can find the video too and get the rest of the information I need, cause I'm pretty sure that the names of all the worm competitors and their grouch owners were said at the beginning of the episode. Please reply ASAP when you have the answers. Oh, and if you could, please answer the other questions from my "Round 2" post in this thread. Thanks for your help once again and have a great weekend!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I still have it but I'm telling you, you won't get anymore information on the grouches names. Its one of the later videos that came out in 96' and the episode is only 30 minutes. So I think that another 30 minutes were talking out of the episode. The video is called "Slimey's World Games" Its only the summer games. I didn't know that the winter games were also an episode. I proubly don't know how munch information you need but hope this helps. Sorry if I sound damanding but I'm not here you go. Thanks.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Hello and velcome to Round 2! OK, here's what got settled from last time.
A. Bernie the Tiger from JTE's jungle hideaway from Season 34 will get counted.
B. Stevie the Elephant from Gina's Day Off and Global Grover from Seasons 33 and 34 respectively will be counted.
C. Still holding out for help with the names of the worms and their grouch owners from the Worm Olympic Games.

Now on to this round's questions!
1 In the episode where Super Grover gets a new cape, what's the name of his human cannonball friend? The guy who lends Super Grover the cannon to help him fly?
2 In the same episode, was Margaret the name of the chicken that Super Grover brought in to help him fly?
3 Again, what are the names of the worms and their grouch owners from the Worm Olympic Games?
Please ASAP to the best of your collective knowledges cause I want to update my listings! Thanks for your help and have a great weekend.
I don't think Bernie should be counted. He was just a cartoon bit player that will probably never show up again. He's really more of an extra then a character.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
WiGgy, I respect your opinion and now I have more questions about that character. Was Bernie the Tiger a classic cartoon animated character? Or was he a stop animated character with an actual puppet (guess that would be the best word for what it would be though I'm not sure that's right)? And if I didn't count the one-timers there would be a lot of characters that never got mentioned. But if there's a real body or tangible "puppet" that was used as a stop animated character then those would get counted as well much like the Queen of 6 and the King of 8.
Now then, please answer the remaining questions that have yet gone unanswered. Thanks for your help and have a good night.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I agree with the Count. Sorry Wiggy. Its just what the Count said. I would rather see one minorn characters then see him alot. It would be cool see Berine again. I would love to see alot of one characters that never got shown once. Your Welcome Count.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Count, Bernie was a one time animated cartoon. Pretty cheaply animated too, like most of the Journey to Ernie stuff. if you want to count then by all means go ahead. I just don't count him as one. I really have no logic to back up my reasons why though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
WiGgY, thanks for clearing up the nature of Bernie the Tiger's makeup or composition. Since now I know that he's just a cartoon animated character, he won't be counted after all. The only way such a character like Bernie the Tiger, the Typewriter Guy, the Martian Beauty and others would be counted would be if some distant day Palisades got the license to make figures and these somehow saw the light of day as actual tangible figures.
Now then, hopefully you or anyone else can answer these questions.
1 In the episode where Super Grover gets a new cape, what's the name of his human cannonball friend? The guy who lends Super Grover the cannon to help him
fly?
2 In the same episode, was Margaret the name of the chicken that Super Grover brought in to help him fly?
3 Who's Teenage Monster? She appeared in the episode from Season 31 where Telly got a "Super Teenage Power Pogo Stick" and couldn't ride the pogo stick. If you can, please describe what she looked like with all the pertinent particulars: hair color if applicable, nose color and shape if applicable, fur color, shape and appearance of the monster's body itself, and any other details to finish off the description.
Thanks for the help and have a good morrow.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yo Count are you still into doing the role play I mentined? If so post me and I'll teach you how to play that is if you don't know. Thanks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Time to get back on track with Round 2. Here are the questions that are still unanswered.
1 In the episode where Super Grover needs a new cape to fly, is Margaret the name of the chicken that he gets to help him fly?
2 In the episode where Super Grover needs a new cape to fly, what's the name of his friend with the human cannonball cannon that shoots Super Grover into the air?
3 In the episode where Telly gets a Supper Teenage Power Pogo Stick, who's Teenage Monster?
Please describe all three characters asked about above and include all pertinent details to understand the character you're describing: i.e., hair color, nose color and shape if applicable, skin or fur color, wardrobe including the pieces of clothing the character wore and coloring of those pieces of clothing worn by the character, and any other pertinent details. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score

1 In the Journey to Ernie where Ernie hides in the jungle, what kind of animal is Bernie? Should this guy be counted as a credited SS character?
[/B]

I think that Bernie, who appears in the JTE jungle, is a jungle cat of some sort, but should not be considered to be a full-fledged character.