Seriously, lets see The Muppets go to Disney World!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nope, she sings Rainbow Connection...In fact, that is where I first learnt the song :smile:
I doubt there'd be any problems with Rainbow Connection. If a Muppet franchise owner cannot clear the rights to a signature song like that (unless they own it now), then you know something's up.

Plus, if it were another song that was a copyright problem and they couldn't clear it, they could easily cut the sequence.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh I thought for some reason Raven sings some one elses song..hrmm it's been awhile for me.
Well whatever the case it's not out and I think we all agree that it should be.
I was always thinking that because Raven is in it they would use that to promote a release of it because Raven was all over "everything Disney" at the time. Of coure her face would probably be on the cover of the dvd covering up where Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Scooter, and Emily Bear are.:wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I love the hot sauce on a hot dog joke in TMGTDW, it is my favorite joke with the chef :hungry::smile:

Bubbadog

Reaction score
I would think if they went to see Captain EO (or however that was spelled). That would definitely date it for sure.

:big_grin:

But with the John Denver special released through columbia/tristar, I wouldn't doubt the possibility of other specials eventually making their way to DVD.

I think in the long run, just getting the rest of the Muppet show on DVD is a good start (crosses fingers for a shorter wait this time). Then what is the news on Muppets Tonight?

Does anyone know?

It was on for only two years wasn't it? ABC then switching to Disney CHannel. Can we expect one set here, or two separate seasons? I'm curious, and antsy. But mostly curious.

Off topic a moment, I went to best buy with my fiancee and we were going through the TV on DVD aisle, and we stopped at fraggle rock. (rimshot please!) Now I have yet to buy these sets (I have four of the five released tapes back when buena vista (or Jim Henson video) released them. The only one I'm missing is the doozers tape. Moving on, we stopped there and looked at the first season and my fiancee said, "hey, there's an idea for you for our anniversary this year." til she saw the price tag. Which kind of threw that out the window. LOL

Point is, I am kind of disappointed in the price of the fraggle seasons (50 bones!). I understand though it is due to all the little goodies they have put into them, so I'm not complaining. I think I may have a better chance at a good price online.

But why couldn't they make a more affordable version of the set? Not saying that the goodies are something I didn't want, but what if all some viewers wanted was to watch...Wouldnt it be easier to just make a four + disc set of the seasons and take it from there?

However I must bite my tongue (metaphorically speaking of course) because if they did the same for the Muppet SHow, of course I would buy it. (Example: Includes replica Kermit coffee mug or replica fozzie bear hat or scrapbook of behind the scenes memories, etc.) I guess I am partially biased with TMS.

Ok, I've convinced myself, I'm going to best buy tonight. LOL

Thus concludes funny little rant. (bows)

Fraggle fans don't lynch me please. I do love that show too. Just thought it would be funny to share this story.

:sing:

Bubbadog

Reaction score
On a side note, going back to the funny rant...

I have gone out of my way just to have all three seasons of TMS to make sure I had the fuzzy covers... Just so they all match.

Yeah, talk about justification. HA...

Oh man, I am a geek.

:sing:

Redsonga

Reaction score
On amazon you can get them for around $35. It is well worth it 4 discs, 715 minutes, I mean, that is less than you would pay for many tv season sets that are not even half as well done and only has half as many episodes. Most sets cost at least $60 :stick_out_tongue:

*suddenly has Jareth look alike backup singers*

Listen to Convincing Red, and all your bank accounts will be dead,
She's gonna tell it, spell it, sell it just to you! :big_grin:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Now, With columbia/tri-star owning the rights to the story teller (or do they still?), and the disney folks owning the rights to the muppets, how would/could it be possible to get them to play ball together and get a great DVD set of this show?.
No Henson owns Story teller, DK and Labrinth etc... its just that Columbia (sony) has the video release rights for Henson's "Creature" like movies persay, and HIT! having the "Henson family Classic" video rights like Emmit Otter, Fraggles, etc..

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love the hot sauce on a hot dog joke in TMGTDW, it is my favorite joke with the chef :hungry::smile:
They weren't hot dogs. They were Svenska (Swedish) Tacos. Chili Lutefisk tacos to be more precise.

And Lukefisk, if people don't know, is a kind of fish (Herring I believe) soaked and cured in lye.

I think in the long run, just getting the rest of the Muppet show on DVD is a good start (crosses fingers for a shorter wait this time). Then what is the news on Muppets Tonight?
I think they're going to release one volume a year (since that's usually the call for such things), and since we got 2 more years to go, for seasons four and five, I'm sure we'd see MT after that. Personally, I'd love to see them released the half year mark after a TMS DVD is released, but I think they're going to wait until they're done first.

I still think they should consider a Muppet TV special collection of sorts.

Redsonga

Reaction score
They weren't hot dogs. They were Svenska (Swedish) Tacos. Chili Lutefisk tacos to be more precise.

And Lukefisk, if people don't know, is a kind of fish (Herring I believe) soaked and cured in lye.
I'm sorry :frown:. Even when I was little I would get the hot dog part and the taco one mixed up :stick_out_tongue:
I think it was because taco carts were not common where I live back then, now they are everywhere!

Count von Count

Reaction score
I'm just thinking it would be nice to see a lot of the old TV specials making their way to DVD.--It would be cool, you can only see them one youtube now. Disney has to put it on dvd or some thing.