Seriously, lets see The Muppets go to Disney World!

Bubbadog

Reaction score
Come on now, we all gotta see it. We all gotta have it. And it has been so long since I alone have seen it, I just don't know what to do anymore.

I'm just thinking it would be nice to see a lot of the old TV specials making their way to DVD.

And definitely some new Video games. No more party games, lets have a decent action title that doesn't seem so, so... I don't know how to describe it other than not like Muppet Monster Adventure. I liked it, but it was such a pain to play.

And don't get me started on the NES Muppet Carnival Adventure...

:eek:

Come on, Disney cranks out unnecessary video games all the time, Lisence to Croak was a nice game, and a step in the right direction. On with the show was good too. Perhaps a similar theme with On with the show but involving more interaction with the muppet theater instead of just cutscene images. What about the possibility of exploring the muppet theaters nooks and crannies and having mini games as well as party games and a nice story driven plot base game to go with it. I think it could work.

Thoughts?

Come on, let's start a dialogue.:big_grin:

:sing:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Video games were all made during the emtv ownership. Disney had nothing to do with them. And sadly, with the exception of Pinball Mayhem, Racemania, and Monster Adventure, they have all consisted of random minigames. Even Pigs in Space from Atari was three minigames spliced together.

But I don't see why they aren't considering a Muppet Special compilation of some sort.

Bubbadog

Reaction score
The Video games were all made during the emtv ownership. Disney had nothing to do with them.
No, I knew that. Sorry I typed this too fast as I had a meeting at work to get to.

But what I was referring to was how many games Disney makes on their other franchises per year. They've even branched them out to Square/Enix for Kingdom Hearts amongst their movie tie ins and what not. I'm just saying perhaps the Muppets should get the same treatment too, instead of online mini games that I can't load because I only have 56k... :big_grin:

Seriously, though. I just think it would be nice to see something new, you know? Of course my fiancee and little sister LOVE playing party cruise, as do I, but that's beside the point.

Shoot, I'll be there in Oct. for Ghostbusters. Yeeeeeah!

I'll end it there for now at the risk of sounding even geekier than I already am. My fiancee says its cute, but I dunno, I'm pretty geeky.:halo:

:sing:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I had a recording of it off the Disney Channel that I grew up on and watched everyday and now it is lost *sigh* I miss it, it was always my favorite :smile:!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
My dad taped it off the TV years ago! It's so cute :smile: You'd think Disney would put it on DVD, seeing as it's free publicity!

"I'm doggin' it!"

And I love it when Miss Piggy is dragged onto the wild rides, and when Gonzo and Camilla explore Disney's "basement."

Bubbadog

Reaction score
I believe that was the original intent with it.

Publicity for MuppetVision 3D.

Not entirely sure.:confused:

Maybe a new special, broadcast and promote the same in CA, and then release them both on a special edition DVD?

I can dream.

Redsonga

Reaction score
"Love in a laundrymat, who'd ever think of that?"
*sings*
I always thought Gonzo was so sweet in it :smile:

Bubbadog

Reaction score
:cry: Unfortunately, with it being so long ago since I actually had seen it, I am lost on the quotes.

Someday, perhaps i shall see it again.

I'm trying to remember back when it was on. I think I had tried to tape it or something but I set the time wrong.

Hmmm...

Well, staying on topic, I do believe that was around the same time as the Jim Henson hour.

Now, With columbia/tri-star owning the rights to the story teller (or do they still?), and the disney folks owning the rights to the muppets, how would/could it be possible to get them to play ball together and get a great DVD set of this show?

I mean, would there be more rights to acquire from certain eps like "monster maker"? Which I think would technically be under the creature shop wouldn't it?

I mean with all of the elements of that particular show. Just who owns all of the rights to the appropriate pieces for there to be a DVD set of just one season of this show? There must be a way.

There's gotta be a way.

Man I really liked that show. I never missed it for that short time it was on.

Anyway... Thoughts? Information? Insider stuff ?(hint hint Henson company people on site) :wink:

Of course it woud probably be as likely as seen Sam and Friends on DVD...

Even if it was "before my time" it is equally as important as the rest of the muppet legacy.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I believe that was the original intent with it.

Publicity for MuppetVision 3D.

Not entirely sure.:confused:

Maybe a new special, broadcast and promote the same in CA, and then release them both on a special edition DVD?

I can dream.
Is that what it was for? I think it came out in 1990 (if my dad's handwriting is right) and I'm almost positive MuppetVision wasn't around until the late 90s. Or maybe it was, and I just didn't get to see it myself until then.