Searching for Grover PVC's!

mooneypr

Reaction score
I am SEARCHING desperately for a hard plastic Grover. Let me tell you my situation....my fiance's last name is Grover. We were talking about a topper for our wedding cake and I stupidly mentioned the idea of finding two Grovers, gluing a veil on one and having those be our cake toppers. He thought it was a great idea. The only problem is that I can only find plush Grovers. I don't want plush Grovers, I want two identical Grovers that are hard plastic and a few inches tall. Is there ANYONE out there who can help me? I've already tried ebay, toy stores, and everywhere I can think of on the internet. Help?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah, here's where there's a problem. Sesame PVC's used to run wild and free allong the land, and Grovers were as common as Cookie and Oscar. Unfortunately, SS PVC's are harder to come by these days, and I think it has a lot to do with Applause not being around anymore.. There was a collection that was released last year by some company called The Beverley Hills Teddy bear company or something, but Grover was not part of the line up.

mooneypr

Reaction score
Grumble grumble....well, at least I know to stop looking....my fiance is going to be so dissapointed!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
This is one choice. It's wooden... but easy to find. I've seen them at Toys 'R' Us. You could easily get two Grovers. And here's a second auction offering the same.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Kind of a wild suggestion, but may be one of those "that's so crazy it just might work" dealies...ask around to the cakemakers/bakers...you might find someone who has access to small Sesame figures for childrens' cakes (i've seen stuff like this every now and then for birthday cakes in grocery stores and such) so you may be able to come across some kind of Grover decor that way. Never hurts to ask around.