Carol Robak
Marketing Director
Strawberry Productions, Inc.
(212) 321-2713
carol@strawberryproductions.com

Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown Drives Emotions
with Lively Musical Workshops
Now Booking its 2002/2003 & 2003/2004 Seasons

New York, NY, May 31, 2002 - The premiere musical production of "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown" will soon make its live debut on stages across America. This "new holiday tradition" is the realization of the Schulz family's wish to bring the grace and enchantment of the 1965 television classic to theaters across the United States. The performances drew upon the emotions of those who attended the lively workshop presentations held last week at 890 Broadway in New York.

"The Schulz family can't wait to see the classic television production, A Charlie Brown Christmas, come to life on stage with the help of Strawberry Productions. We hope this will become as classic and as well known as "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown," states Craig Schulz.

"Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown" definitely tugs at your heart and your overall emotions," states Jack Desroches, executive producer of Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown. "The show has all the charm and nostalgia of the original television special mixed with new uplifting music and dance numbers that will leave audiences cheering, singing and with a new found faith in a boy named Charlie Brown."

This vibrant new musical features a company of 16, plus an orchestra performing 7 original songs by renowned, award-winning Broadway composer Andrew Lippa along with the original music of Vince Guaraldi. The action-packed show runs two hours with an intermission and brings to the stage all your favorite Peanuts' characters, including the mischievous, but loveable Snoopy, engaging in good, old-fashioned "Peanuts-styled" fun suitable for the whole family.

The most recent airings of the Charlie Brown specials on ABC television garnered the network's highest Adult (18-49) ratings for half-hour entertainment programming in nearly a year. In December of 2001, when ABC aired an all new 18-minute documentary, "The Making Of A Charlie Brown Christmas," as well as the special itself, it was the most watched show among kids 2-11, and it appeared on the network twice in one month, proving that this 1965 masterpiece continues to have mass appeal.

This holiday tradition, once limited to television and video, is now available live and on stage for fans of all ages. Bookings are now being accepted for the 2002/2003 season as well as the 2003/2004 seasons. For booking information, contact: Good Grief Productions at (212) 321-2713.

"Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown" is created and produced exclusively by Good Grief Productions, a subsidiary of Strawberry Productions in cooperation with United Media and Charles M. Schulz Creative Associates.

About Strawberry Productions
Strawberry Productions (www.strawberryproductions.com) is a leader in the management and production of theatrical stage shows and promotional touring shows, including Garfield®, Thomas & Friends™, The Magic School Bus®, Wimzie's House™, National Geographic World Magazine's 25th Birthday Party®, and Bozo, The World's Most Famous Clown®.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
PEANUTS TOYS info reprinted here:

From "Good ol' Charlie Brown" it's the Sally Brown in her Elementary School Classroom Deluxe Playset. This set includes Sally action figure, teacher's desk, and display base with lights and sounds. The Sally figure comes with school costume and accessories. Playset interlocks with the display bases of other "Good Ol' Charlie Brown" action figure bases. (Subject to change.)

Special features:

-Student desks open and close to help store items.

-Press the apple on the desk to hear the famous "teacher talk" sound.

-Built-in bookshelves, maps, bulletin boards and chalkboard.

-Hinged wall folds out for a larger area of play.

It is show and tell time again, and Sally is sure to bring something interesting with her to class. With this playset you can recreate classic Peanuts' moments with student desks that open and the famous "teacher talk" sound from the teacher's desk. The playset even swings open on one side to allow for a bigger area of play.
Peanuts "You're An All Star Charlie Brown" action figure 3-Packs! This case of 4 individually packaged action figure 3-packs includes: 2x Charlie Brown, Linus Van Pelt & Sally Brown action figure box sets, 2x Snoopy, Lucy van Pelt, & Schroeder action figure box sets. All figures include baseball themed accessories and interlocking display bases. Action figure heights range from 3 inches to 5 1/2 inches. (Subject to change.)

The Baseball Dugout Peanuts "You're An All Star Charlie Brown" action figure deluxe playset! This set includes Marcie & Peppermint Patty action figures, baseball dugout, and display base with lights and sounds. The Marcie & Peppermint Patty action figures come baseball costumes and accessories. Playset interlocks with the display bases of "You're An All Star Charlie Brown" action figure bases. (Subject to change.)

Click http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=peanuts&x=20&y=13 for pictures!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links Kevin. Great news!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Seems that a LOT of us who are Muppet fans are also Peanuts fans, I think.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Seems that a LOT of us who are Muppet fans are also Peanuts fans, I think.
Well, that's because Peanuts are so cool!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Garfield will always be second best... well... for me, it's a tie.

Wish I had a Jon Arbuckle action figure, though....

Possibly Binky the Clown!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Ooooooooooh, Garfield action figures!!!! That WOULD be cool!!!! Garfield, Jon, Odie, Arlene, Binky....The list goes on and on!!! Maybe even U.S. Acres figures!!! (Lord, how I miss that show!!!!) Maybe we'll finally be able to get Bill Watterson to release Calvin & Hobbes action figures!!!! (The mind reels at the thought.) :big_grin:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
Ooooooooooh, Garfield action figures!!!! That WOULD be cool!!!! Garfield, Jon, Odie, Arlene, Binky....The list goes on and on!!! Maybe even U.S. Acres figures!!! (Lord, how I miss that show!!!!) Maybe we'll finally be able to get Bill Watterson to release Calvin & Hobbes action figures!!!! (The mind reels at the thought.) :big_grin:
Oh my goodness!! I'm salivating at the very thought! :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hope no action figures of those come out! LOL! I have to be able to afford Muppets and Peanuts as it is!!

:smile: