Save the Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just checking in to be sure everyone's playing nicely! Ha ha.

From what I understood, even those who did get to the Orlando workshops were cut down to a dwindling number, so for all the money spent and all 3 cities and all those people who auditioned, 10 or fewer people went to Orlando and fewer stayed after the week was over. Even so, Diz doesn't have any idea what to do with the performers they kept because it seems they don't know what to do with the characters except ride on the wallets of the retrospective fanatics like us. Speaking of which, i'm ready for my TMS Season 2 DVDs!!

To really REALLY Save the Muppets, I wish the campaign would turn in a new direction and start pushing for some new projects to put the performers they want to see remain perform in: movies, TV specials, tv movies...anything that is directly MUPPET and not a "Muppet visits/guests on" show.

Aren't the Sesame Workshop folks holding their workshop in the late summer or early fall?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
To really REALLY Save the Muppets, I wish the campaign would turn in a new direction and start pushing for some new projects to put the performers they want to see remain perform in: movies, TV specials, tv movies...anything that is directly MUPPET and not a "Muppet visits/guests on" show.

HECK YEAH!!! I'm with ya 100% on that Foz! :smile: :wink: :big_grin:

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
why dont u JUST give up dude!
Well Mickey Muppet, I guess I'm just going to have to admit that I can't convince you. But that doesn't mean that I don't have a case, and it doesn't mean the campaign should end.

My purpose in this thread is to make sure the Save The Muppets message is clear and to respond to any counter-arguments. Since your argument is simply that you don't believe me -- something you've made very clear over many posts -- then I think the best thing is to agree to disagree.

Kynan
www.savethemuppets.com

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
I'll stick to my quote, this was told to me by someone who knows them and this was their feelings at the time (months ago), and not from a personal opinion of mine.
OverUnderAround, it doesn't seem like you're standing by your accusations, it seems like you're distancing yourself from them. From what you're saying above, it looks a lot like you're trying to have your cake and eat it too. You want the comments to stand, but you no longer want to take responsibility for them.

Nowhere in your original post do you suggest that the sentiments in it belong to anybody but you. The post was under your name, it only makes sense that the comments came from you. If you want to disassociate yourself from those comments, you should do so.

But whether you believe the veracity of the rumors you posted or not, you're still guilty of spreading gossip about the Muppet performers. Which, slander aside, is a clear breach of Muppet Central Forum Rules:

We have the utmost respect for Henson employees and friends. When posting about an individual, please keep in mind the person and/or their family may be reading your message. While it's fine and appropriate to critique their work on a particular Henson production (whether you liked it or not), please be respectful of a performer's personal life at all times. Muppeteers['] personal lives need to be kept just that, personal.
I don't know what the forum procedure is for issues like this, but I trust Kevin does, and I'm sure we can rely on him to follow that procedure.

And as far as your last comment goes --

OverUnderAround said:
Ah, Kynan, I don't know how to word this without giving anything away, but don't believe every press release you read. It's actually the opposite, you'll see in time.
-- again, I can only reiterate that the One Muppet, One Voice campaign is currently focused on MHC's plans, and that in our opinion Sesame Workshop doesn't currently present a threat. You and your mysterious sources may know better, but in the absence of any real information, it's not a priority for us.

And finally, thank you Kevin for the suggestion that the One Muppet, One Voice campaign focus on issues other than One Muppet, One Voice. Unfortunately, our mission statement precludes us from diverting our attention from the Save The Muppets cause at this stage, but of course, other fans are free to petition MHC on any issue they deem important.

Kynan
www.savethemuppets.com

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Kynan Barker said:
OverUnderAround, it doesn't seem like you're standing by your accusations, it seems like you're distancing yourself from them. From what you're saying above, it looks a lot like you're trying to have your cake and eat it too. You want the comments to stand, but you no longer want to take responsibility for them.

Nowhere in your original post do you suggest that the sentiments in it belong to anybody but you. The post was under your name, it only makes sense that the comments came from you. If you want to disassociate yourself from those comments, you should do so.

But whether you believe the veracity of the rumors you posted or not, you're still guilty of spreading gossip about the Muppet performers. Which, slander aside, is a clear breach of Muppet Central Forum Rules:

I don't know what the forum procedure is for issues like this, but I trust Kevin does, and I'm sure we can rely on him to follow that procedure.
This is so lame, it doesn't deserve a response, and your attempt to get Kevin involved at perhaps censoring me shows me what an ego-maniac you are.

Sorry dude, you're no longer worth my time... or anybody's.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Kynan Barker said:
Well Mickey Muppet, I guess I'm just going to have to admit that I can't convince you. But that doesn't mean that I don't have a case, and it doesn't mean the campaign should end.

My purpose in this thread is to make sure the Save The Muppets message is clear and to respond to any counter-arguments. Since your argument is simply that you don't believe me -- something you've made very clear over many posts -- then I think the best thing is to agree to disagree.

Kynan
www.savethemuppets.com
all i'm sayin is... until u show us PROOF on paper (or an email) from Disney/MHC... then you have your self a case!!!!

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
OverUnderAround, maybe I'm misreading the rules, and maybe you're well within your rights to post unfounded gossip about Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Bill Barretta, and Jim Lewis. But this is a moderated forum and everyone here has to play by the same rules. If you're in breach of those rules -- and you know what? I really think you are -- then there's a procedure for that.

I happen to think the truth is worth fighting for, and I happen to think that the Muppet performers of all people don't deserve to be the target of your lousy, spiteful rumormongering.

Again and again I try to bring this back to the point, which is: This is a fight about principles, not about people. We're doing this because we believe in the Muppets. No matter what crap you try to throw at us -- conspiracy theories, name-calling, whatever -- it's still going to come down to what we believe in.

We believe in One Muppet, One Voice.

I don't know what you believe in, but if it involves making up lies, smearing reputations, acting superior and ridiculing those of us who care, then I don't even know why you're here.

Jackie

Reaction score
Petitions are wonderful things. They get things done. Look at Warrick's Bring Back the Magic petition! He took action and brought us season sets of Fraggle Rock on DVD. There wasn't much argument about that. No one said "It won't work Warrick. It's hopeless. You're just one man!" Lots can be accomplished if someone is dedicated and does something about it. I admire people who take action, whether I believe in the cause or not.

There are many battles out there. Every day people are petitioning for and againt things like abortion, the death penalty, disease research, funding for schools and various other organizations, etc. There are always two sides to every argument. Everything can be argued. This thread is just an example of people arguing for the sake of arguing. People are arguing to gain attention and to be in the spotlight. Others are arguing for a cause they believe in, but it is still pointless arguing.

I am torn on the issue. I do believe that there should be one Muppet one Voice, but at the same time I believe in all of my friends who are out there for auditions. Many of them are afraid to post because of the possible backlash they may receive. Others are afraid to lose the friendships they created over so many years because of this one promising opportunity. I want them to be accepted and follow their dreams...something Kermit always taught us to do.

So, I do not know where I stand but I do know that I respect the petition and believe that it can only bring good things to us as Muppet fans. I do not see how it can do any harm. No one is being hurt by the petition so I can't see why there is so much hatred and argument going on here.

Also, I think if you believe in something you should take action and do something about it. Starting argument after argument only creates anger and resentment. Follow what you believe in. If you don't like someone else's beliefs, don't drill them. Find others to support you. There is no one right or one wrong.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It's wasn't just one person who brought us Fraggle Rock. Even before Hit people have been waiting Fraggle Rock on DVD, and I've seen a bunch of petitions on the net for it. Plus once Hit got the rights to Fraggle Rock, a lot of people would call them and email them and such. So one person shouldn't get all the credit for that. I'm just saying.

But I do agree with everything esle you said Jackie.

Status
Not open for further replies.