Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny - Worst Movie Ever?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't. The cartoon is a huge disappointment. It's so incredibly Bowlderized and toned down to the most insane of all degrees to the point it's GPK in name only. The kids are more annoying than disgusting, and don't even have any bad behavior. It's almost Get Along Gang levels of safe. It's a good thing parents overreacted to the show and got it pulled. Otherwise, we'd have a bunch of disappointed kids tuning into something closer to the Cabbage Patch Kids.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
I think the absolutely laughable bellydance is my fave part... Wow. How unappealing and completely unerotic can we get?

*breaks into Mike and the Bots' version of "Tubular Boobular Joy"*

---------------

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Was the "Golden Bra" movie ever shown on MST?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
Not to my knowledge. It coulda been, though.

Maybe CT will grab it and run with it? Looks right up their alley...which is not the same as up their area, of course. :wink:
--------------

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Good question. To be perfectly honest, nobody knows fer sure for sure. But most people assume it was a character used in the Pirates World theme parks (Pirates World is used and/or mentioned throughout the film). I guess the Ice Cream Bunny drove around in an old firetruck and gave out ice cream to the kids visiting the park.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
I am thankful I never ever visited there. Though I DO miss Tiki Gardens.

--------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... Uh... I just caught the 10 minute best of Rifftraxx version, and that's probably all I can take. I almost choked to death trying to explain the movie to someone else last night. SO, it's like Santa being stranded for 90 minutes and randomly telling a story that's in the story narrated by a PA box? And the Ice Cream Bunny has nothing to crap to do with Ice Cream at all? And above all, WHY?! Why did this need to be made?

I can't believe something has a less coherent plot than Oogiloves.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Why was this made? Simple. Somebody needed money. They didn't care how they got it, they just needed it. The Santa Claus bits were actually made to pad out Barry Mahon's children's films (some theathers showed Mahon's "Thumbelina", others showed his "Jack and the Beanstalk") that were made about two years prior. In short, nobody gave a darn, and needless to say, it shows.

As for the random inclusion of Tom and Huck, supposedly Mahon wanted to make Tom and Huck movie, but was unable to finish it. Like most no budget directors, instead of letting footage go to waste, he just threw it into something else.