Sababa Mokey coming Summer 2006

CoOKiE

Reaction score
As i agree, it wasn't so bad that disney now owns Muppets. I also agree that we've been lied to. This is seriously an outrage! I will never buy another thing from them :grouchy:

Jonathan

Reaction score
:boo:
wembleyfraggle said:
What does that mean? If anything, the Muppet have been in the open more NOW that Disney has them, people need to get over this whole "I hate Disney" thing, cause the truth is, The Muppets are part of Disney now, and they are gonna stay that way, so you can eather be a baby about it or learn to enjoy what we get.
It Means:
Where is Kermit Christmas Capers?!?
Where is all those Muppet Attaractions that were annouced?
Why have we not heard anything about American Muppet?
Look What Happend to the Kermit Tour
And on a Non-Muppet Note, Look at the Song of the South DVD... Ohh Yea THERES NOT GONA BE ONE ANYMORE!!!

They Lied, Which makes them liers!!
And It Looks Like Sababa Lied too!

Jonathan

Reaction score
wembleyfraggle said:
What does that mean? If anything, the Muppet have been in the open more NOW that Disney has them, people need to get over this whole "I hate Disney" thing, cause the truth is, The Muppets are part of Disney now, and they are gonna stay that way, so you can eather be a baby about it or learn to enjoy what we get.
It Means:
Where is Kermit Christmas Capers?!?
Where is all those Muppet Attaractions that were annouced?
Why have we not heard anything about American Muppet?
Look What Happend to the Kermit Tour
And on a Non-Muppet Note, Look at the Song of the South DVD... Ohh Yea THERES NOT GONA BE ONE ANYMORE!!!

They Lied, Which makes them liers!!
And It Looks Like Sababa Lied too!
:grouchy: :boo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, you have two or three different things out of place in that post.

First, only Henson and Sababa have the deal for Mokey.

Disney's Muppets Holding Company owns (outright) all things Muppets. Henson has nothing to do with it anymore.

Henson also has nothing to do with Sesame Street, which is owned by Sesame Workshop.

FraggleFan

Reaction score
..well, didn't they say mokey would be coming this summer? it's still spring! just because the temps have reached the 90's, we shouldn't lose hope already!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
As i still pray we get Mokey, where are the production photos or updates? I wish i coulda call them and ask, myself, but i cant.

Dont forget to add the fact that Muppeteers have been lossing their jobs. For example. From the Balcony. A series on movies.com, stars cheaper paid puppeteers, and replaced Steve, and (i wanna say Dave but i think i'm wrong). Disney cut them out to save money. Do you think it stops there? When else will another Muppeteer lose their job due to Disney's changes?

I'm not 100% agasint Disney. We havn't seen too much from them just yet. But thats kind of a draw back, and honestly, Muppet Oz didn't do so well.

Metacritter

Reaction score
Foodie's finding new Fraggle plush, I'm hearing word of Target exclusives, and STILL no Mokey! Oh, the humanity! :cry:

Convincing John

Reaction score
So...here it is summer, and we haven't seen or heard anything about Mokey yet. Uh, what's going on? Shouldn't have Sababa said something by now?

:confused:

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
Right on, Fozzie!

Fozzie, your email from the other thread (the one you wrote to Sababa Toys) was very well put.

What indeed is the use of an incomplete set of Fraggles? Mokey is one of the core characters, and many fans (including myself) would adore to have a Mokey as part of their collection. Yeah, Doozers are nice...but the PVC ones were enough.

They should have used their money to produce the rest of the core group of characters (Mokey, Matt, Sprocket...maybe Junior Gorg) instead of expanding on the Doozer line. Seeing the wide Doozer selection and not a Mokey in sight makes me think "what gives?"

Do you think an email would be the best way to contact them? I don't know if a regular ol' snail mail letter would be more effective...or calling them.

I hope that someone from Sababa reads this thread (or someone emails 'em the link). I don't think I'd return my Fraggles to the company...but that's only my opinion.

Man, I hope they reconsider Mokey...

Convincing John