1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Rowlf Merchandise

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by charlietheowl, Dec 5, 2011.

1. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Since he's my favorite Muppet (non-Fraggle category), I was curious if there was any merchandise produced recently involving Rowlf. I've found this T-shirt which I absolutely positively incredibly want, but is there anything else? Despite the fact that I am a 21-year old man, I would really like a Rowlf stuffed animal. Judge me all you want, but he's so cute.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  2. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

As a fellow Rowlf lover (Rowlf fans unite!!), let me tell you, it's next to impossible to find stuff - my wonderful husband got me a stuffed Rowlf from the 80's off of Ebay last year and I don't even want to know what he spent on it - your best bet is likely checking Ebay, that's the only place I've seen any Rowlf stuff. Hope that helps a bit!
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  3. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

There is a group shot tshirt from spencers that has rowlf. It is $19.99.

See below:

[​IMG]
  4. charlietheowl

That's too bad there isn't any stuff of him, I assumed he was popular enough to have a stuffed toy made recently. Maybe if the new movie is a big enough hit, something will be produced. Till then, it's off to ebay!
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I believe the last Rowlf merch was from 2003, with the Palisades tux figure, the Star Bucks mini book mark plush and the German Mcdonalds mini plush. I too have been quick to grab anything with ol brown ears as its quite rare
  6. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

ROWLF ROCKS!!! I've always loved that guy, and I still don't understand why he hasn't had any new plush release! :(

After my Son was born a few years ago, I knew he had to have a Rowlf, so I made him one!! I've thought about making more in varying sizes to sell to others, but I'm not sure if Disney would appreciate that, lol.

Give the link in my signature a look if you want to see the Rowlf I made for my Son! :)
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There was also a Baby Rowlf Bean Bag. I never managed to pick that one up.

And the Sababa miniplush set of Vets Hospital.. also I never got that one.
  8. charlietheowl

You did a very good job, that stuffed animal looks awesome!
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  9. KermieBaby47

Thanks brother!! It was really fun to make as well. :D

Oh yeah! I managed to get the Baby Rowlf beanie when those were at Target. Ah, how I was looking forward to the full-sized plushie of him. Ugh, the curse of Rowlf merch. :(

Palisades' Backstage Rowlf is my most favorite figure of all time!!! Well, next to all my coolest R2-D2's and City of Death 4th Doctor. My top three figures I guess, ha. :)
  10. Wockawocka721

Wockawocka721 New Member

Nice to see some Rowlf fans!! He's always been one of my favorites when I was younger..not sure why really I was just drawn to him. Him playing the stuff out of that piano in the Muppets Take Manhattan flashback always gets me. Him petting a dog and singing Louis Armstrong is a tear-jerker. There isn't enough Rowlf merch to go around!

My aunt has the original Rowlf puppet from the 80's...needless to say I'm jealous haha
    redBoobergurl and KermieBaby47 like this.
  11. charlietheowl

Yes! His version of "What A Wonderful World" is great!
    Wockawocka721 likes this.
  12. Wockawocka721

Wockawocka721 New Member

Literally it's one of those things that makes me (a grown man) run and grab my dog for a hug and kiss haha
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

AMMMMMAZZZING! Better than any Rowlf Disney could put out IMHO. That is seriously cool. Also, you definitely could make some good money selling those on etsy.com Half the stuff on there is homages to Nintendo stuff thats way cooler than anything Nintendo could officially put out.

Also very cool story with it too! I love hearing stuff like that
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah man, all you'd need is this picture on etsy or any other craft selling places, and there'd be quite demand for em: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3636/3424985277_50c18e2f99.jpg

800 home made muppet items on here, and Disney ain't going to do squat:)
    http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?search_submit=&q=muppets&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  15. KermieBaby47

Oh great, now you've got me actually thinking about it!! Lol. Thanks for the awesome comments too bro. Ah Beakie, I love you man!!
    :D
    Anthony
  16. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

If you did, I'd be first in line to get one. ;)
  17. charlietheowl

I went on ebay recently looking for Rowlf stuff and got some serious sticker shock! There was stuff going over a couple hundred dollars on there. I had no idea there was such a scarcity of stuff. Hopefully disney will throw us a bone (pun intended) and make a nice stuffed animal soon.
  18. robodog

robodog Active Member

Rowlf's my favorite muppet period. I don't understand why there isn't more merchandise of him. I'd love a T- Shirt or hat at least.
  19. MuppetySmurf

MuppetySmurf Member

I have a Fisher-Price Rowlf puppet.:sympathy:
    I've also got some loose jello, okay.:rolleyes:
  20. robodog

robodog Active Member

As toys go I don't really want plush. I don't collect plain plush just plush with electronics or animatronics. I want an action figure. It doesn't have to be collector quality. In fact I'd prefer it wasn't. I've heard stories about most collector quality figures being fragile. I'd prefer a plastic toy meant for kids. If they came out with something like that I'd buy multiples.