Rock and Rain (A Fraggle Rock Tale)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL... That is so Red. No, not everyone can be as humble as... Let it go. Nice to read something new here. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
LOL... That is so Red. No, not everyone can be as humble as... Let it go. Nice to read something new here. :smile:
Well, it's Marlon's mother, not Red :wink:. But I sort of see Gloria as what Red might have become if she had not had the sort of friends she does...A very very bitter fraggle:sympathy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Day 6​

We found life...

And it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Of course, we've met a lot of the creatures that live in the rock here to (like bugs, which grow much bigger here and are still no fun to step on) but this one was different:

We had been walking through a tree grove for more miles than my feet cared to remember. (where outer space tress, being very career driven, reached up for the sun four times as high as the great hall) When we came to a strange place and saw...

It.

The creature was all alone, yelling, and wandering up and down a path of grey stone with giant square shaped caves on ether side.

It stood more than twice as high as me and walked on two feet (or was trying to). But unlike any self respecting fraggle, it had no fur and only hair on its' head.
It's ugly pale skin was shiny with sweat and completely covered with... cloths. Even socks and shoes, those lowsome things that Matt loves to wear.

Anyway, all this height and clothing did nothing for the silly thing, because the yelling only stopped when it tripped over its own feet and fell into one of the grey paths hard flame topped light torches.

We got closer, and the smell of smoke and something like sour moss sent me back again (as all my fans know I have a very high class nose).
But Bezel dear just sat for a long time brushing the hair from its eyes and listening for a heartbeat.

Whatever these silly creatures are I guess they are too silly to stay away from killing flames.

Silly Creatures..hm...

Well, the things do have the same color blood as fraggles.
I guess they aren't a total lose.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Pages and pages of penciled words were smeared from repeated readings between the entries. When they returned the handwriting was somewhat heavier and less restrained...

Day 30​

I've had it, I've just had it!
If all they want to do is nuzzle like lovesick rock clingers and say over and over how much better their 'documentation' is compared to mine, I quit!

Starting tomorrow, I'm going back to Fraggle Rock and my fans.
In that time I'm sure to see a dozen things Mr. and Mrs. Encyclopedia Fragglia missed...

Day 31

Oh, it's the most wonderful, marvelous, fantastic thing!
I am not leaving after all, anything is worth enduring for a bit longer if it means more of what I found today.

I was sneaking away unnoticed in the night through the grey stone paths.
I had just fallen over gracefully over one of the silly creatures' trash heaps and found my glasses again when I heard it:

Music!

Not just any music you know, but real fraggle music, played on a real fraggle pipe! It was all I could do as a great performer to wait until I was on the caves' small stage to start singing.

The stage was empty. Empty!

With fraggle music playing? I'd never seen such a thing.

Of course I sang that old favorite from my early days, Starbright, with it's chorus that always gets everyone touched by it hopping:

Starlight starbright,
I know know just where you are tonight,
You're up there, too high too far,
telling me what a diamond I are...

After my song was done I got two claps and one silly creature fell asleep into its drink. They are nice enough stupid creatures but they really have no taste.

It turns out we are not the first of all fraggle kind to be in Outer Space after all. That is, if you can call what I found true fraggle kind.
The flute player called himself Cantus and was a tall elder. But by the way he sat beside a silly creature guitar player and by that strange shiny coat he wore, I could tell just how long he must have been the things' pet.
The one called Cantus tried to say something about just being its' friend and glowing travel tunnels twenty years ago, but I don't really think half of it could even be called real sentences...

He gave me the weirdest look though, when I mentioned the others and our stays with different silly creatures....
Something about being careful, ropes, and two faced masks and dark boxes.

Really!

As if I am going to trouble Bezel dear with the rantings of a silly creature pet...Elders can be so odd.

After all, silly creatures are like rocks, very slow, likable if you are into that sort of thing, but only dangerous if they happen to fall on you...

Dangerous, ha!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Famous last words... Yaey for having Cantus there... More please?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Post 13 ... ouch.

Is Cantus friends with Elvis? :big_grin:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Post 13 ... ouch.

Is Cantus friends with Elvis? :big_grin:
I know, the poor drunk thing:sympathy:..
and nope, but it is the right time period...
I could go into more detail but this characters' writing style just doesn't fit with good writing *lol*.
Oh, and here is where the very dark part starts..I would not call it PG-13 but that is only because of how much..'talent' Gloria has for details....

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hm ... well Liberace would be the only person who comes to mind. Or maybe that "Great Balls of Fire" guy (sheesh, can't remember his name ... but since Cantus sings a song to Junior with lyrics mentioning balls of fire ... maybe :big_grin:).

Redsonga

Reaction score
Hm ... well Liberace would be the only person who comes to mind. Or maybe that "Great Balls of Fire" guy (sheesh, can't remember his name ... but since Cantus sings a song to Junior with lyrics mentioning balls of fire ... maybe :big_grin:).
It's actually no one famous, he might have been but well..you will see in Everything Seems to Sing...:sympathy: The coat is actually just the same one from the series he wears...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean Jerry Lee Lewis there RP? What happened to your other Fraggle fics RS? I'm intrigued to know about the other classes of Fraggles. But I'm rully liking Gloria here... Post when you can. :cool: