Return to the Magic (Fraggle Fanfic)

christyb

Reaction score
Guys you're forgetting. The fraggle five and Cantus have all been targeted by the shadow. That scarf was not in the tunnel Boober went into. So...(add 2 and 2) it was put there on purpose. And I've said too much. :wink:.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming my hunch Christy, knew that scarf was just a red herring.
But I'm paying attention to the immediate perils for Amy and the Fragglets.

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter 17...short,sweet,climax coming....

Are we there yet? My feet are killing me,” Kinu whined.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“No, we’re not there yet. We haven’t found the others. Here jump on my back. I’ll carry you a short ways,” Amy said while Kinu hopped onto her back and rested his head.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Man it seems like we’ve been walking forever,” Sky remarked and paused to sit down and rub her aching feet..[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I know. It should be light out now. Shouldn’t it?” Gabs asked with the half of a scarf hanging around her neck.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I haven’t been in Fraggle Rock long, but I’d have to agree with you. We should be able to see without this torch by now. Hopefully it’ll get light soon. This makeshift torch of ours is starting to get low,” Amy said and adjusted a sleeping Kinu. She paused to let the other fraglets have a moment to rest.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“It will don’t worry,” Mopu remarked and noticed a light in the distance, “Hey, what’s that?”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Amy stopped and looked off. There seemed to be a faint dim light in the darkness ahead of them. The light seemed tiny and faint. It also seemed like there was someone or something standing in front of it. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Instantly the fraglets began to get excited. All the fraglets that were awake wanted to go towards it. Amy was apprehensive though. They didn’t know what was down there. She may be thinking like Boober, but these kids were her responsibility. All was not well in Fraggle Rock after all. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I don’t get a very good feeling about this. We should turn around and head down a different tunnel,” Amy said.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“No, the scarf was at the entrance to this one. It may be Daddy and Mommy!” Gabs said beginning to get excited.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We gotta try. What if it is them?” Mopu pleaded.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And what if it isn’t? Listen to me. Your parents didn’t wanna tell you this, but you need to know. Fraggles don’t just ‘disappear’. They’re dying off, to make room for you to live. What if down that tunnel is the reason why some fraggles are disappearing,” Amy said solemnly to a serious group of fraggles. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After thinking a while Sky broke the silence, “All the more reason that we should go down there. Now come on and stop being such a worrywart.”
Amy chuckled softly and stood back up, “All right. If you all feel that way then. But we stick together no matter what. No wondering off.”
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just as Gabs was about to rush off ahead the torch went out. It was completely dark with the exception of the light in the distance. The decision to make became clear very quickly. Making sure everyone was holding hands, they made their way towards the light. Towards the end of the tunnel and the figure[/font]

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ahhhh! Cliffhanger! Want more! Just kidding, but wow, what a climax. I'm on pins and needles here waiting to see what happens next! Great job Christy!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Sitting up in the boxseats.....

More more more more!!! Keep it coming.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Statler: Say, where were you when the lights went out?
Waldorf: In the dark!
Both: Ho-ho-ho.

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter 18 Part A;I'm toying with your emotions...

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A disappointment met them at the end. The cave was empty. There was nothing in it. At least they could see now. Each one of them spread out and went to each of the openings that sprawled out from the center hub that they were in. They called in turn names of the participants in the search party to no avail. No one answered their call. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Now what? There’s no one here,” [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gabs pointed out. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“That’s odd. I know I saw someone down here, but where did they go? Surely we would’ve saw them no matter which way they went,” Amy remarked. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“What I wanna know is where our parents are? It’s not like my Mom to go off without saying something. Then again, it’s just like her,” Sky huffed and put her hands on her hips.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Were wondering what you’re doing here and not in bed like you should be!” Red exclaimed.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Mommy! You’re okay!” Sky squealed.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Behind Red were the other fraggles. Each of their paths had led to the exact same spot. Each fraglet rejoiced and ran toward their respective parents. Everyone hugged and reassured the other that they were indeed just fine, or in the case of Kinu and Mopu that consisted of climbing on top of their father and falling in a laughing heap. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After the brief reunion Amy explained what they were doing. They also showed Boober the scarf segment that they had found. Much to their surprise Boober’s scarf was whole. The search party sadly admitted that they had found no sign of Tosh either.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The only obvious fact was that something fishy was going on. According to every map and Gobo’s extensive knowledge of Fraggle Rock, they should not have wound up in the same cave. However, they should’ve all ended in opposite directions from one another. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I’m sorry I brought the fraglets guys. I was worried about you and didn’t know what else to do,” Amy apologized.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We understand. And thank you. We may not have needed your help this time, but you did what any friend would do,” Mokey said and gave Gabs yet another hug.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Thanks for understanding Mokey,” Amy replied and smiled in appreciation at her friend.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sky looked up shocked. She heard music coming from one of the tunnels. After doing a quick check she decided she was just hearing things. However, once again soft music began playing. Once again Sky looked up and her eyes were immediately drawn to the northernmost tunnel.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Her eyes met a strange shadowy figure in the distance. Immediately she felt drawn to it. She quietly looked at the others who were still talking. They still haven’t noticed a thing. After making sure that no one noticed she slipped off toward the sound.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Dad, can I go with Sky? Pleeeaaasssseee can I?” Kinu pleaded.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“No you can’t go with…..Sky! Where are you going?” Wembley asked.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I heard something,” Sky paused and answered. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Well, get back here. We’re all going home,” Red demanded. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Yes, Mom,” Sky answered and attempted to turn around. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Her feet had other ideas though. The shadow stepped closer to the light and now the others could make out it‘s shape. Everyone hushed instantly and hid the other children. Who in turn tried to peek from behind their parents’ backs.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Instantly Amy recognized the figure. It was the same one that stood on the other end of the Gorg’s garden. The one that Meggie was so afraid of. The thing that kept trying to “grab her and take her away”. Somehow she had to break the concentration, or Sky would be history.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“No! You’re not taking her!” Amy screamed at the top of her lungs.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This did the trick. The shadow took it’s gaze from Sky and looked directly into Amy’s. An amazing battle for control took place in a matter of moments. It took everything Amy had to not give in to the hypnotic powers of that steady, yet hidden gaze. Both were determined to win however.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The shadow took a step forward into the light and said one thing, quietly yet firmly, “I beg your pardon?”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A collective gasp of shock followed and Amy whispered in a voice that was barely audible voice, “It’s me.”[/font]