Rest In Peace - Our Hamster Dunkin

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Today, our first pet Dunkin has passed away. :cry: Dunkin was a little hamster that we picked up from our local PetSmart on March 21, 2004. We were married a month and decided we wanted a pet. We picked up the cutest long-haired hamster there, and on the way home named him "Dunkin" after passing a Dunkin' Donuts. He was also known by his nicknames: "Dunk-a-buddy" and "Dunk-a-chino."

Dunkin inspired both sides of our families, not only in the adoption of hamsters, but in the naming as well. Thus, Dunkin's extended family; Donut from my wife's sister and Coolatta (also recently passed) from my sister.

We will miss you Dunkin, but will continue to love you forever as your memory will live on. Rest in peace, little buddy.

Dunkin

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's so sad. I know how you feel Vic, I've had four bunnies in the past...one got killed by a dog, one got eaten by a dog, one got killed by the other, and the other got stolen.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Awww...R.I.P Dunkin.:frown:
Vic...just remember the good memories you'll have of him. You'll see him someday.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. Both of my cousins had a multitude of pets that all died after a few years, and each one was painful.

P.S. Snowth, it wasn't Tommy that was stolen, was it?

Emosewa

Reaction score
Aww,that is very tragic. I just recently lost a doggy, she was just waisting away the poor thing, and at the ripe ole age of 14 too (the first dog we had actually died only two years previously of heart failure at 16), and only a few months previous we lost one of our cats, still unknown what caused her death. (we've had lots of lost pets but I won't bore you with the list)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh he was so cute! I'm sorry to hear about that Dave. Rest in peace little fella.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
P.S. Snowth, it wasn't Tommy that was stolen, was it?
No, we still have Tommie, the little hateful rabbit!!! It was another bunny see...

1. In 2001, I had two bunnies, a white one named Shirley, and a black and white one named Cindy. They were Netherland Dwarfs (yeah, bunnies come in breed too), one day they were attacked by a dog. The dog killed Cindy, but Shirley escaped shooken-up, but un-harmed, but sadly a month later, the same dog ate her.:cry: We had them for three months.
2. In 2002, I had two more bunnies, an Ermine named Lucy, and a gray Netherland Dwarf named Desi. We had Desi fixed, but forgot to get Lucy fixed, so she went crazy, but Desi didn't want to, so she accidentally killed him. Months later, Lucy was stolen, and no one returned her.:cry: We had Desi for four months, and Lucy for 7.
3. Now we have Tommie, she's a Miniture Rex, and she's real hateful and crabby. We've had her for over two years now, and she's a year older than that.