Recasts for Fraggle Rock movie

Princeton

Reaction score
Assuming that the Fraggle Rock movie is still on, let's talk about possible recasts for the main characters. Richard and Jerry have passed on and I believe that Dave and Kathy have retired for the most part, so I think the only original performers who are still on board are Karen and Steve.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Princeton Dave Golez is still doing the Muppets even doing Gonzo the Great.

Princeton

Reaction score
I agree with Collgoff! Dave Golez is still around, but yep Kathy Mullen probably retired and Jerry plus Richard have passed on.
I'm glad to hear Dave is still performing, since I would imagine that Boober and Uncle Matt would be two of the hardest characters to recast. I just assumed that Dave retired since Gonzo played such a small role in the most recent Muppet film.

theSHE124

Reaction score
What?!? Gonzo never has small movie roles!! :mad: Something about him is always remembered! The second time I watched the film in theaters, you should've heard how hard this one young girl laughed when she saw Gonzo, finally losing grip, whammed Chris Cooper with a bowling ball! :crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear Dave is still performing, since I would imagine that Boober and Uncle Matt would be two of the hardest characters to recast. I just assumed that Dave retired since Gonzo played such a small role in the most recent Muppet film.

Did you see the Ben Folds music video? Dave was there. He even had Uncle Matt speak in the opening. Gonzo got a small role in that one movie because that's how it was written, and they cut out one of his scenes.

Guys. Stop panicking. Other than the fact Jim (who only had those 2 characters), Jerry and Richard are no longer with us, we'll probably get the other performers back. If Kathy is somehow unavailable, Pam Arciero did well with Liona on BTL. I hope they manage to get some of the Canadian performers who did background and insidental characters back. Other than that, we'd only need to recast Gobo, Pa Gorg, Trash Heap, Gunge, Junior, Cantus and Convincin' John (if those last two are even in the film at all).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The second time I watched the film in theaters, you should've heard how hard this one young girl laughed when she saw Gonzo, finally losing grip, whammed Chris Cooper with a bowling ball! :crazy:
Yeah a little girl in the audience at my theater loved that part too, lol.

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
All I know is, they had better dedicate the movie to the memory of Richard and Jerry, although I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they don't. Remember The Land Before Time and All Dogs Go To Heaven? Judith Barsi, the little girl who voiced Ducky and Anne Marie, was murdered by her father before both movies came out, yet neither one was dedicated to her memory. That's just wrong.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something about him is always remembered! The second time I watched the film in theaters, you should've heard how hard this one young girl laughed when she saw Gonzo, finally losing grip, whammed Chris Cooper with a bowling ball!
Gonzo sacrificed on screen time for a great Brick Joke. They were right to do it.

All I know is, they had better dedicate the movie to the memory of Richard and Jerry, although I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they don't. Remember The Land Before Time and All Dogs Go To Heaven? Judith Barsi, the little girl who voiced Ducky and Anne Marie, was murdered by her father before both movies came out, yet neither one was dedicated to her memory. That's just wrong.
They'd no doubt dedicate it to Jerry... Jim and Richard would probably... but Jerry is a definite.

Get Smart was dedicated to Edward Platt and Don Adams... had they made the movie sooner, Don would have played The Chief.