Real-life rhythm film

dustinrn

Reaction score
ok does anyone else remember this sketch from the late 70's-very early 80's or am i just crazy? Here is my best description:

A black man of jamaican or hatian decent walks along the ocean shore with a couple of young kids. He tells them "There is rhythym all around us......the ocean has rhythm, the birds have rhythm, even the waves have rhythm. The man and kids are then shown talking a horse-drawn carriage ride and the man starts playing a steel drum in sync with the horse's footsteps, then he breaks into his own little tune. We then go back to the crashing waves, the birds, the sunset and the black man looks up and smiles as if he is at peace with himself and the world. - A GREAT FILM!!

Klonoa

Reaction score
The only thing I remember about it was there was a steel drum in it.

--Klonoa

Convincing John

Reaction score
I remember that clip clearly. At one point he says everything has rhythm..."people walking rhythm...even people breathing rhythm, too..." One of the kids has a drum he beats along with the steel drum. Cool clip.

Convincing John

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i don't think he was Hatian or Jamaican. of course i wonder what the man driving the horse carrage thought of the drummer playing to the horse klip klopping?