Ratings info for the NBC Christmas Movie!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I getcha. I still think it made more than respectable numbers. NBC just didn't put their full support behind it like I thought they would. They keep pounding us over the head with their other Christmas fare in their "12 Days of Chrismas", but didn't do the same for this special. I only saw the preview three times before the air date and even on that day it wasn't that heavily promoted. Maybe they just put it on too early. I still think it was less a Muppet issue and more of a promotional one. Most critics seemed to enjoy the special. The only one lack-luster review I read claimed that it could have been merrier and I can agree with that. Maybe if NBC had taken a million out of the show's budget and put it into advertising there would have been a bigger turn out.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Funny that everyone thinks that NBC didn't promote this film at all. I watched NBC a few times that week and saw a commercial for it several times at a single sitting.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I just checked the Toughpigs website. I don't think Danny is lying. It appears that he asked exactly one person he knew who worked for an NBC affiliate, just as Murgatoad asked exactly the one person that Murgatoad knew. Both affiliate people probably have a slightly skewed perspective, and the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

(BTW, Murgatoad, if you don't mind my asking, are you a "he" or a "she"? The screenname is pretty gender-neutral!) :smile: