Rare animated films (not shown on Noggin)

mikebennidict

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
Does anyone remember an animation of a seal who was giving a lecture on the letter S?

The seal spoke to us from some kind of amusement ride midway at either an amusement park, carnival, or fair; it wasn't very clear to me at the time. He was actually speaking to us from a sky ride of some sort, only this one seemed to be more of a sealed cube than the usual open-top cable car. I think he even had to open the side of the cube to talk to us.

All through this sequence we heard that standard carnival music in 3:4 time (Calliope?), except when he told us a story about the letter S with accompanying animation. A bunch of Sailors spotted a Schoolyard with their telescope. All at once they got on the "SUHH-LIDE!". And all played on the See-Saw, three sailors on each side. (Editor's note: that teeter-totter must have made been from mighty strong material to withstand the weight of 6 sailors without buckling. Let's see, 6 men @200 lbs each = 1200 lbs.)

After the story, when we returned to that sky ride thingy, the seal announced he was going to get a "Sandwich.... another nifty S word."
i was considering bringing this 1 up at one time but of course don't remember it well. probably was 1st broadcast the 1st seaon or one of the 1st few years of the show. i remember seeing it a few times in the 70s but that was about it.