R.I.P Bob Hoskins

mr3urious

Reaction score
Looking back, I thought he was well cast as Mario in the Super Mario Bros. movie. He had the right build, and was even able to pull off that Brooklyn accent flawlessly thanks to experience as Eddie Valiant.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looking back, I thought he was well cast as Mario in the Super Mario Bros. movie. He had the right build, and was even able to pull off that Brooklyn accent flawlessly thanks to experience as Eddie Valiant.
I admit he was a good Mario. Too bad he was the only thing well done about that film.

He's been in a lot of great things too, that was just the one weak point. And it was circumstances beyond his control.

We'll all remember his more poignant roles, Eddie Valliant, and the fact he makes a weird, almost crazy looking face on the DVD cover of Mermaids... but if there's one thing that will stand out in my mind, it's that amazing episode of Frasier where he plays how Dr. Fraisier Crane saw his at the time girlfriend... the gym teacher. There's sitcom guest stars that steal the show... and then there's one who has an appearance that's absolutely brilliant.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget his roles as Mr. Smee in the movie Hook, or Family Capers, the premiere episode of the last London-based season of Tales From the Crypt.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Oh, gee. I spent my entire childhood looking up to Eddie Valiant. Bob was truly a versatile actor and he's going to be sorely missed by me. I'm actually in tears, this is like saying good bye to a best friend.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
The news about Bob Hoskins's death shocked me. To know that the man behind a toon-hating detective who learns to like toons again and behind the right hand man of a crocodile-fearing pirate captain is no longer among us is saddening. May he rest in peace.