Questions about Region-Free DVD Players

Sweeetums

Reaction score
my sister has a region free DVD player, but its a DVD/TV, so we cant take it anywere lol

lael

Reaction score
I purchased a Russian movie a short while back & was unawares of their dvds not being able to play in my dvd player. how many regions are there? I know of 3 regions, beyond that nope. I would love to still see my Russian movie.... one day.

anytimepally

Reaction score
8:

Region 1: U.S., Canada, U.S. Territories
Region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and Middle East (including Egypt)
Region 3: Southeast Asia and East Asia (including Hong Kong)
Region 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean
Region 5: Eastern Europe (Former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
Region 6: China
Region 7: Reserved
Region 8: Special international venues (airplanes, cruise ships, etc.)

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Can any help me how to make my new DVD recorder LG DR275 DVD region free? I have looked at videohelp.com but did not work :frown:

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks a lot :smile:

Gold Demona

Reaction score
My mom has a Pioneer brand DVD player, and it plays all regions AND Video CDs.
I don't know what the exact model is, but I do know it's Pioneer.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I posted a link to the Martin Lewis's Site in the UK you can programme your DVD Players find your player at the sites listed and it gives you the unlock key. Link

May be of some use, KermieUK found the code for one of his DVD players now he has a multi region player for all his player.

Leanne
x

Redsonga

Reaction score
My mom has a Pioneer brand DVD player, and it plays all regions AND Video CDs.
I don't know what the exact model is, but I do know it's Pioneer.
Mine is one to, it is funny because I am use to that brand putting out anime DVDs more than anything :smile:

Andibcool

Reaction score
I use PowerDVD, which (I think, I haven't tried it, so don't quote me) is a region-free player. Can any1 corroborate this?

BJ
Power DVD is only software to play the DVD, if u put a different region DVD in it will change the drive region to that one. All PC DVD drives can be changed 5 times and the last time will be forever then.
There are 2 ways to change that.
1. Find other Firmware for ur DVD Drive that makes it region free
2. more easy use AnyDVD

As for DVD region free Players there are lots of informations in the net just look for codes, other firmware or already region free players.
Dont buy others that you cant change.
A lot will allow put in a special code to set them region free.

DVD regions are only good to rip ppl off nothing more.
Only to get more money for the same thing. For example the holder of the rights of one movie can sell now the rights in many countrys and earn just ore money instead of just seling to one DVD maker and ppl buy the discs.
Custumers can not import cheaper DVDs because of the regionlocks so they pay tripple or more instead of less.

But companys itself are totally ok to import for cheaper worldwide and sell for more.
Thats how it is and its wrong. The companys also started to block viewers of different countrys to watch TV shows or music clips on the net. Really how stupid it needs to get ?
DVD makers have to cut out sceenes from series because they have to pay for the music rights extra and custumers are screwed again ( like on Muppet show season 1 ). All because some ppl need more money and rip ppl off.
Later the same ppl wonder why so many ppl choose the illegal ways.... sad.