Question for all the customizers

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
1/8th of an inch!?!?!

OK, so I could do an Olive Oyl figure, or one of Grover... Or make the super stretched arms of Gonzo from when he was on the rack.. But that's about it. To quote my idol... "Sheesh." :smile: Anyway, that's good news anyway. I wonder why it wouldn't crack on the smaller scale/ thinner pieces...

Thank God I cleaned out my TRU of their clearance Butt Ugly Martians... Those figures are almost perfect for turning into custom Muppets. And they withstand baking fairly well too!!!

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Now I went and did it...

So I tried out the bendie Sculpey to make some of the aforementioned modifications to a Gonzo Figure... So now I have some added features to the original, Daredevil Gonzo that was made several years ago... I really hate that fig and didn't mind chopping up my only one in this case... Before you all have strokes, it was for the good of society, really!!!

I cut his arms off about a half-inch away from the shoulder and his nose off really close to the face... THEN, I drilled holes in the stumps on both ends, inserting a pin into the new appendages as well as the originals.. Oh yeah, cut off the legs just past the point where they join the body as well... So now I have interchangable limbs and nose for Gonzo, and his nose spins pointed up as well, as if he just hit on Piggy or something...

I sculpted 'bendie' with wire inserted arms that are about 6 inches long, as well as legs for hte episode where Gonzo was on the rack??? As well as a nose that is tied in a knot- this particular piece is made of regular sculpey so as not to be needing to bend.

Well, the arms came out really crummy after painting, that sticky thing happened on one and the chipping on another. And I used water based paints. So it's back to the drawing board for me... The good news is his arms now have swivel joints on hte bicep now as well. They're not perfect, but what is???

Gwen

Reaction score
You can use foil over the armature until it is built up enough that you only need the 1/8 of an inch of the super flex. If it was the super flex that chipped, then you probably didn't bake it long enough. I've had that problem too. If you want to save the sticky arm you can coat it in the Sculpey Glaze and it won't be sticky anymore. I would stick to using Apple Barrel Colors if you can. They seem to be the most inexpensive for how well they coat. If you can't find those try the store brand ones.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Apple Barrel Man...

Dude, thanks for the 1/8th inch advice... It's not like I'm gonna be posing these more than once a week. I was kinda just kidding on you with the thin arm thing...

Anyway, I found the Apple Barrel paints ofr about 1/4 of what they normally cost and have almost a complete set... What I don't have I can mix with the rest. AB rocks!!!

Now back to work on Guy Smiley...