Please Help...mobile puppet stage plans

doctort13

Reaction score
Does anyone have any plans to build a mobile puppet stage that they are willing to share? I am a poor puppet guy (aren't we all) that wants to try performing at street festivals this Summer.

If you have any plans/tips/suggestions on building a mobile puppet stage please email me at: wumpmucket@fuse.net

Thanks for your help!
t3rry

fishbone

Reaction score
what about

:concern: how about a stage you can wear?i don't wanna spend $300 bucks & i need it to break down :halo:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score

fishbone

Reaction score
yeah that's dope, but i mean the kind you wear : :crazy:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There's a few designs I've seen but don't know of any URLs...try searching for Punch and Judy stages as some Punch performers use those. Many common puppetry books have stage designs in them. Check the library. Myself I would just make a PVC frame and find a way to mount it on to a frame backpack (available at army surplus stores or outdoor outfitters).

Otherwise here's some pics of a strolling stage that might be helpful:
http://homepage.mac.com/ernieguderjahn/puppetpictures.html

A strolling stage you can buy, but about $250 US:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/puppetproductions/strollingstage.html

Show and Tell

Reaction score
OneWay Street has plans for a very inexpensive backpack stage u can make. Its in the puppetry stage plans book that is only $10. It's well worth it. Its extremely adaptable.You can even mount a little portable karaoke machine in it for a sound system. And If you can't afford the price of the backpack you can make something similar out conduit. Just be careful in its construction as carrying something on your back for long periods can hurt your back perminantly if the frame isn't contoured correctly.

doctort13

Reaction score
what I was thinking of

was something like this

I can't afford $250, so if I could somehow knock it together for $50 it would be great.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Yeah, you can't skimp on the backpack frame, the good ones here cost $80-$120 US but prevent you from hurting yourself.

doctort13

Reaction score
I have a backpack frame, I just need to look up close at some plans to figure out how to build one of these babies.