Playing with dolls

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I just saw this article: https://www.themarysue.com/girls-with-dolls/

Reading the article and the comments, i'm glad to see my sisters and I aren't alone. We never played dress up with the Barbies. No. Because they were the most human looking toys we had, we could do almost anything with them. We constructed complex dramas and comedies, having relationship drama, shocking pregnancy, alien imposters, season long story arcs, sex (when you first find out about it, that's what you do), and lots and lots of violent deaths, lol. Sometimes we even reenacted our favorite TV shows using the dolls.

Ah, good times...

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I never played with Barbies when I was younger. I played with Little People, Care Bears, My Little Ponies, Beanie Babies, Littlest Pet Shops, Puppy in my Pockets, Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars, Legos, and the truckloads of Kids Meal toys I had. And I would also play with blocks (that I often used to make houses for my Littlest Pet Shops and Puppy in my Pockets). I only had one Barbie, but she had no clothes and messy hair, and I would take her in the bath with me. Also, sometimes I used to play with my brother's Tech Deck "dudes" and skateboards, too...

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I just saw this article: https://www.themarysue.com/girls-with-dolls/

Reading the article and the comments, i'm glad to see my sisters and I aren't alone. We never played dress up with the Barbies. No. Because they were the most human looking toys we had, we could do almost anything with them. We constructed complex dramas and comedies, having relationship drama, shocking pregnancy, alien imposters, season long story arcs, sex (when you first find out about it, that's what you do), and lots and lots of violent deaths, lol. Sometimes we even reenacted our favorite TV shows using the dolls.

Ah, good times...
Wow, I never cared for Barbies (well I'm male so I can be excused I guess... having a sister though, I grew to love the films :stick_out_tongue: ) but from reading the post I'm starting to feel like I should've. That sounds like it was a bunch of fun.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm a guy so I really have no business posting in this thread. But I think I vaguely remember having a doll of Molly from The Big Comfy Couch when I was younger. If anything it wasn't because it was a doll, it was because I used to love that show.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm a guy so I really have no business posting in this thread. But I think I vaguely remembering have a doll of Molly from The Big Comfy Couch when I was younger. If anything it wasn't because it was a doll, it was because I used to love that show.
I used to have a Molly doll also.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My sister and I were both more of the stuffed animal and animal related toy variety, though I *did* have a Barbie and a Skipper, and my sister had the Megan doll that came with the My Little Pony Sundance. I don't know what happened to my Barbie, but one day I found my Skipper with a mangled hand. It looked like there were tiny holes all over it. I had no idea what happened, but I think the family cat might have (not Snowball, another cat). I do have a small collection of Barbie dolls today, but I just have them standing on my shelves. I don't play with them.