Play-Along games And Songs DVD available outside of set

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back when it was announced that Play-Along Games And Songs was coming to DVD, it was said that it would only be available as part of a three-DVD boxed set, while the other two DVDs in that set (Big Bird's Storytime and Sleepytime Songs And Stories) would be released sperately. Well, I was at my local Wal-Mart recently and saw a DVD copy of Play-Along Games And Songs, available without the other two. So, I guess by now it's available outside that set.

It is ironic because I have never found any seperate DVD copies of the other two outside of the box set.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I think I might just get the boxed set anyway. All 3 are really worth getting, in my opinion. Good classic stuff on all of them, but then, we've already covered that on this thread, right? :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
I think I might just get the boxed set anyway. All 3 are really worth getting, in my opinion. Good classic stuff on all of them, but then, we've already covered that on this thread, right? :smile:
Right. In fact, that's the only video that we both reviewed in that thread.

I know that the boxed set is worth getting. I have seen all three of the DVDs in that set (though I've only seen the original version of Sleepytime Songs and Stories, which was called Bedtime Stories And Songs and had a few different segments which were replaced on the re-release). All three of those videos were from the 1980s (Big Birds Storytime was from 1987, and the rest were from 1986). They are good for fans of early sesame Street moments (though Bedtime Stories And Songs is my least favorite).

I was just pointing this out in case there are people who already owned one or both of the other DVDs from the seperate, individual releases outside of the boxed set (or even if they had the original video releases and didn't want to buy extra DVDs of what they had on video just for one extra program. besides, the DVDs don't have any extra features besides samples from other DVDs and probably an ad for Sesame Workshop before the program starts) and didn't want to buy the boxed set just for one extra DVD. Or maybe there were people who can't find the boxed set in stores and didn't want to order on-line. I have only seen one copy of the boxed set in any stores, and I didn't see it untill a few weeks ago, and oddly enough Play-Along Games And Songs is the only DVD I've seen in stores outside of the set.

I have debated over whether or not I would get the set. I already have the original video releases of Play-Along games And Songs and bedtime Stories And Songs (I've only rented Big Bird's Storytime), although there are quite a few things that I own on both video and DVD, and there's also the fact that Sleepytime Songs And Stories replaces a few skits on Bedtime Stories And Songs. Also, it is the holiday season, the time of the year when I stop buying things for myself (except for food, drinks, and gas) and start buying presents for others.