Pick your Pet!

matthewxel

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the sceneries, characters, and the "Pick your Pet" logo all looked like?

All I know is that the host was Sonny Friendly(Guy Smiley),the contestant was Prarie Dawn, and she chose Beautiful Day Monster has her pet cat.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
all the gripping stuff

The best I can remember, it was Betty Lou, not Prairie Dawn, who was the contestant. Betty Lou was the same pinkish color as Prairie, but had a blue dress, blond hair with braids and ribbons, and was performed by Frank Oz in his high Miss Piggy voice.

The three choices were Little Bird (Voiced by Jim), a dog (used in various commercials back in the 60's, voiced by Frank), and Beautiful Day (Frank pulling triple duty for this one).

In the end, she chooses BD to be her "kitty", much to everyone's surprise.
BD ends up purring and snuggling up to Betty Lou. He will never be this cute again.

matthewxel

Reaction score
When you said that the dog was used in commercials for dog chow products in the 60's, do you mean Baskerville?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yep, that was him. :smile: The title cards they used for all the game shows were usually done by Jim, who studied graphic arts in college.

Gotta hand it to Jim for using all his puppets he had before Sesame Street. You never know when they might come in handy.