Pet Peeves

tiggie0686

Reaction score
So...what are everyone's pet peeves?

Mine include the following:

1) When people talk during movies. Especially when they say stuff like "Did you see that!?" It's like, "Nooo, I paid 8.50 to come stare at the ceiling tiles."

2) When people spell my name with an "h" at the end even though I tell them repeatedly that it doesn't have one.

3) When people tell me my name is ugly without an "h". Personally, I think it's prettier that way.

4) When people clear their throat like 10 billion times in a row...honestly, if it's not clear by now, it never will be.

5) When people say things really loud to you, but they're saying it really loud cause they want other people to hear about their wonderful accomplishments or something.

6) When people say "Want me to come with?" or "Where did I put it at?" I don't understand why they can't just say "Want me to come?" or "Where did I put it?"

7) When I'm new at a school (which happens quite often), and people call me "What's your name again?" or "Hey, New Girl!"

8) When, after you've found something you lost, some bright person comments, "It's always in the last place you look!" That just totally ****** me off, cause OF COURSE IT IS! Why would keep looking after you've already found it!?

9) Gossip and rumors. But that's high school for ya!

jediX

Reaction score
A few of mine? In no particular order.....

1) Listening to Eric Jacobson's Animal voice. YEEECH!

2) People who smoke and blow it in your direction.

3) How, despite knowing me for years, people still cannot pronounce my last name.

4) People who drive below the speed limit.

5) 20MPH school zone speed limits when there are NO kids at all there.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
tiggie0686 said:
6) When people say "Want me to come with?" or "Where did I put it at?" I don't understand why they can't just say "Want me to come?" or "Where did I put it?"
I used to say Pippin from Lord of the Rings was my imaginary friend a few years ago. Now certain people always say to me "Where Pippin at?" Okay 1) That sentence has no verb. 2) It ends in a preposition. I despise bad grammar.
I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Whatever

Reaction score
I dislike it when peolpe spell my name Elisabeth instead of Elizabeth. Elisabeth is prettier, but Elizabeth is my name and at any rate I go by Beth. Once I got called Bess instead- ow!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
I used to say Pippin from Lord of the Rings was my imaginary friend a few years ago. Now certain people always say to me "Where Pippin at?" Okay 1) That sentence has no verb. 2) It ends in a preposition. I despise bad grammar.
I can't think of anything else at the moment.
Aw, that's so cute! I love Pippin!! :smile: My imaginary friend - from waaaayyy back in the day, like age 5 or so - was Lowly Worm, from Richard Scarry's Busytown. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I guess my biggest pet peeves at the moment are second-hand smoke (which literally makes me nauseous) and people giving me a hard time because I don't have a good enough job / don't drive / still live at home, etc.
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
Mine was Johnny Tremain. I really loved that book. lol

Here's a few more things I don't like or that bother me.
  • People that think Muppets or action figures or toys are for kids.
  • When expensive Lego models break.
  • Stupid questions.
  • Smoking in general.
  • Boy bands.
  • How bands suck these days. I mean, I havn't bought a truly "GREAT" album since Blink182's "Dude Ranch" or Reel Big Fish's "Turn the Radio Off". Both of those were from around 1997.
  • Snipers on eBay. Those people should have to pay double for the items. :grouchy:
  • How Canada gets TMS reruns and we don't.
  • All those bonus things on the UK TMS dvd's. I WANT THOSE TOO, DANGIT!!!!!:grouchy:
  • When all people have to say is "ah" or "ok".
  • Having to memorize formulas.
  • That my Janice variant figure's head magnet is in reverse and no hats will fit on her head.:flirt:
  • How my PS2 always freezes in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City whenever I get "wasted".
  • Spyware.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
tiggie0686 said:
2) When people spell my name with an "h" at the end even though I tell them repeatedly that it doesn't have one.
when people spell my name without an H.....grrrrr......

when people mispronounce my last name.....

when people think just because I make All A's I'm in favor of more homework.....

when people say student council isn't a popularity contest....

and last but not least...

infomercials....they're addictive!

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
infomercials....they're addictive!
They *are*. I love the knife one.

At my school, we have a moment of silence. I don't know if this goes on at other schools or not. Sometimes kids will talk right through it, and delibrately! It's totally inconsiderate. :attitude: