Penguins of Madagascar on Nickelodeon

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Anyone here ever watch this show? I find it to be hilarious! I like Kowalski! He is like Data/Spock from Star Trek, and the way he does things is certainly what you wouldn't expect from a "smart cookie" like him!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I am such a huge fan of this show. I love how it won a Daytime Emmy for writing as I think the plots for the most part are great and I love the dialogue. Private and Kowalski are my favorite characters.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Kowalski is my favorite character besides Julien. Julien is such a hilarious character, and Rico is a very hilarious character. Did you see that one episode where Kowalski's brain became to tired of computing, and Kowalski became somewhat stupid/funny? He's like "I will hack into you (or destroy you) comp u tair" or something like that, and there's a computer that shoots fish out of a cannon or something like that? I don't like Dr. Blowhole at all! It sometimes reminds me of Tuff Puppy, and The Fairly Oddparents mixed into one show!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh dude! I love Blowhole! He's my favorite character played by Neil Patrick Harris. I always look forward to the Blowhole episodes.

Yea I saw that episode. Kowalski tries to make himself evem smarter and it backfires, making him really stupid. The computer is the automatic feeding machine that the zoo gets.
I'm not quite sure what my "favorite" episode is, there are just too many. But I know that very high on the list is the Scorka episode. I love Private's Sugar rush bit and just the whole episode in general.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. After I stumbled on the thing online, I couldn't stop watching it. It's a good show alright, but there's something about it that makes it addictive. I plowed through a bunch of episodes in a matter of days, and got ticked off I couldn't find any more.

This show is one of the cases where you pull the best characters out of something AND the project is still funny. A Lesson Shaggy and Scooby could learn, actually. There's also supposed to be an upcoming penguins spinoff movie, but that's pretty far down the line. I'm guessing, like Shrek, they want to have 4 Madagascar movies in the can, then they can do the Penguin's untitled solo project.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Can't wait for a Penguins movie. If they're even considering it I'm happy.

I remember seeing the previes for it when it first came out and was just not interested at all. I wasn't a big fan of the Madagascar movie so this show didn't look too appealing. Then one day I just had the tv on for noise and there wasn't anything else on. You're right DrTooth it is so addicting. I will admit there are some episodes I don't really like so I don't watch them. But there's not a lot of those.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can't wait for a Penguins movie. If they're even considering it I'm happy.

It's gonna be a LOOOONG wait. We're only on Madagascar 3 by now.

Still, my major complaint is that they're doing 4 movies, having them only get home on the 4th. That makes the third one complete filler, and that's the problem I had with Shrek 3. I mean, the Shrek Dad angle worked, everything else didn't.

But I'm still totally going to see Madagascar 3.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Shrek 4 threw me for a loop. I kinda thought Shrek 3 had wrapped everything up nicely.
Honestly, I haven't even seen the second Madagascar yet so I can't say much on the issue.

Xerus

Reaction score
In the old days, a show like The Penguins of Madagascar would've probably aired Saturdays on a basic network like NBC. But instead, it airs on Nickelodeon, along with the Kung Fu Panda series. And the How To Train Your Dragon series is supposed to air on Cartoon Network soon. And Dreamworks is supposed to come out with a Monsters Vs. Aliens TV series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Shrek 4 threw me for a loop. I kinda thought Shrek 3 had wrapped everything up nicely.
Honestly, I haven't even seen the second Madagascar yet so I can't say much on the issue.
The second one was alright, I guess... I enjoyed it, but not as much as the first. As for Shrek, they planned for quite a few more movies. Somewhere in the ballpark of 6 or 7, but they decided it ran its course at #4. And Puss and Boots... technically, they have five movies, but other than Puss, there's no connection to Shrek at all in the film. Not even so much as a cameo.

Shrek 3, I just had problems with the caustic relationship between Puss and Donkey being replayed from the second movie, especially since it just got a 2 line reference in the fourth. But above all, I love the fourth one (not as much as the second, though) because it came full circle. Shrek was always in a deep depression about being an ogre, but in the fourth, he actually complains about people loving him. If nothing else, that was a nice twist.

In the old days, a show like The Penguins of Madagascar would've probably aired Saturdays on a basic network like NBC. But instead, it airs on Nickelodeon, along with the Kung Fu Panda series. And the How To Train Your Dragon series is supposed to air on Cartoon Network soon. And Dreamworks is supposed to come out with a Monsters Vs. Aliens TV series.
By "working on" they've supposedly ordered a pilot. And that was quite a while ago, so we don't have any idea if it's going to happen or not. I really hope we do get a MVA series. We're not getting a sequel because it didn't perform in like some international market (they never disclosed which one). Wouldn't mind a Megamind Further Adventures series, actually...