1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drtooth, Oct 9, 2012.

1. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

But What I DON'T I Get Is Why They Slating It So Far Away, I Mean When November 2015 Comes I'll Be Almost 19!!! And I'll Probaly Be Submitting My Stuff By Then!! But Anyways, I Just It Dosen't Hope This New PeanutsMovie Will NOT Turn Into, Charlie Brown Rapping, Snoopy Kissing Lucy's Butt, OR Woodstock Burping!!, Huh, I Knew This Was GOING To Happen Eventually, BUT WHY NOW!!,
    Oh Well, At Least It Wasn't Live Action!! And Consirding They CHOSE This Studio
    Well, Guess I Have To Find Out In The Trailer In A Few Of My Life, Seriously, Can't They EVER Slate TWO Films At Once, I Would Rather NEXT YEAR Than 2015!! Huh, I Can Wait Though :sigh:
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Because animated movies take a looooong time to work on... animation isn't something that you can just do overnight, it takes a lot of time, and a lot of patience... in fact, 2015... that actually sounds about average for an animated movie, it usually takes about a couple of years or so... sometimes even longer, I think someone at Pixar once said they usually spend up to four years working on their movies.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Plus, it's to coincide with the anniversary of the strip (65th I think).
  4. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

^THIS. They should just keep them in 2D, their designs would work better that way...And we need more traditional movies! :I
  5. D'Snowth

The unfortunate truth is nobody is going to animate anything 2D anymore: they push for CGI because it's "quicker", "easier", more "economical", among other things... people are always going to cut corners in any way possible, they'll always take the cheaper and easier route... of course, the quality suffers in the process sometimes, but they don't care, because they're saving time and money.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There's a very good chance this will be a CGI film, trouble is, there's no way these characters would look good in CGI. Ever see Snoopy toys? They have those weird flat eyes because he looks strange in turn around...

[​IMG]

And when we usually see Snoopy, he's in some weird 3/4ths view with both his eyes on one side of his head.

That's not going to work in a 3-D based animation.
  7. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I hope so!
  8. Drtooth

There's nothing to make fun of about Peanuts... other than the fact a bunch of 6-9 year olds have such an evolved sense of philosophy, psychology, and existentialism. And religion in Linus's case. And the fact that everyone but Snoopy is neurotic as heck.
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Agreed, but remakes just rarely manage to capture the spirit for me. At that point it's a totally different franchise now surviving, not the original. The original is still being forgotten.
  10. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

The peanuts are going to have their own movie? That's great!
    SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  11. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

That was kind of the questions that I had in my head after Charles Schulz' people told me that above there back then. Thinking of both Snoopy, Come Home and Snoopy's Reunion. Why did he allow two different storylines about how Charlie Brown got Snoopy?

----

Kind of wanted to show what TMZ had to say about this movie. Sadly they didn't post that clip on YouTube. :(
  12. D'Snowth

Ah, but somehow, they've managed to have 3D/CGI Mickey's ears break the laws of physics just like his ears did when he was 2D/hand-drawn.
  13. robodog

robodog Active Member

Man I hope this doesn't suck.

Peanuts was a huge part of my childhood. I may have said this somewhere before but there are only three celebrity deaths that really hit me hard. One was Stan Winston, another was Jim Henson and the third was Charles Schulz. I'd hate to see someone crap all over the Peanuts legacy.
  14. Drtooth

Mickey doesn't look that good in CGI, I have to say. He looks like a plastic toy.

This is the only real test of CGI Snoopy ever had...

Actually, I sort of take it back... they do look serviceable in CGI, but you lose the line quality, and Snoopy's bound to look weird in turn around. But the other Peanuts characters look alright.
  15. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Snoopy in CGI is worse than Micky!
  16. Drtooth

I'm sure professional not PS2 cut scene animation will fix it, but he looks very stiff and like a plastic toy... worse than Mickey, as you said. And I can't find any footage of turn around. Just a side view or back view.

CGI is the way they're going, but this needs to be 2-D animated.
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  17. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I can't agree with that enough.
  18. Drtooth

Of course, the weird cutscenes in Horton Hears a Who proves they can do 2-D animation.

Still, how many Peanuts movies were there? Snoopy Come Home, Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (that had its own wrap up special), A Boy Named Charlie Brown, and Race for your Life Charlie Brown. I don't know which were theatrical, though.
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  19. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I think Snoopy, Come Home had to be. The others, I don't know. They were always specials on TV when I came around.
  20. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I'm getting tired of the emperor's new clothes attitude when it comes to CGI cartoons. It's still really not that good yet but everyone's pretending it is because it's the most modern.