Overrated Movies

Drtooth

Reaction score
My local KMart still has a whole aisle's worth each of Green Lantern and Cars 2 merchandise. :insatiable:
Yeah, but they just came out on DVD and Cars usually is a big seller. I think they may have over ordered the stuff. Plus K-Mart has a tendency to hold onto things forever. But The Salvation toys... I saw them go to Target to Marshall to Five Below to A.J Wright (before it closed down) to something else, and THEN it hit the dollar store. But then even with some really popular movies, I see the toys on the shelves for years. They keep restocking new Toy Story 3 merchandise in some places.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Cloverfield. I had several people swear to me when it came out that it was going to revolutionize the horror/monster movie genre, which got me interested in watching it even though I normally dislike that kind of movie. I should have gone with my normal instincts because it was terrible. I understood the point of using the shaky-cam shots, but that didn't mean it wasn't hard to watch, plus the main characters were very annoying.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, but they just came out on DVD and Cars usually is a big seller. I think they may have over ordered the stuff. Plus K-Mart has a tendency to hold onto things forever. But The Salvation toys... I saw them go to Target to Marshall to Five Below to A.J Wright (before it closed down) to something else, and THEN it hit the dollar store. But then even with some really popular movies, I see the toys on the shelves for years. They keep restocking new Toy Story 3 merchandise in some places.
True, but it seemed like there was more Cars 2 stuff than there should have been. But that's just me, I still see Toy Story 3 stuff around quite frequently, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I...

...have always hated Forrest Gump.

*braces self :embarrassed:*
Forrest Gump's alright... but a little self indulgent for me to say it was amazing. I HATED that he won best character in that AFI thing... oh look at the sadness... sadness equals art and he's happy during the sadness so that means it's more sad and more artistic..

FEH!

The NERVE of them not even putting Chewbacca on the list. Darth Vader nothing... Chewie's the heart and soul of the movie and the appearance of his Wookie brethren made the third prequel GREAT! Chewie and Yoda, man...

True, but it seemed like there was more Cars 2 stuff than there should have been. But that's just me, I still see Toy Story 3 stuff around quite frequently, too.
I remember, clear as day in 2005 when the first movie came out... every place I went completely sold out wall to wall of Cars dies cast cars. It took weeks for them to restock, and they sold solid since. Meanwhile, Ratatoullie merchandise was all cleared out by the time of the movie's arrival on DVD, and I haven't seen so much as a Remy shirt for kids ever since. Probably the reason why they didn't have much Up stuff. But Toy Story and Cars are the 2 most toyetic Pixar lines. I really hope that buy 2013 we see some new great Monsters inc stuff... even though I'd be too old for it.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Forrest Gump's alright... but a little self indulgent for me to say it was amazing.
I can't watch that movie without feeling like I need to take a shower afterward. Someday I'll speak out on it here but I think it's a deeply pessimistic film with a very ugly message for human beings.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't watch that movie without feeling like I need to take a shower afterward. Someday I'll speak out on it here but I think it's a deeply pessimistic film with a very ugly message for human beings.
What did I just say?

Sad= artistic... Happy person through sadness is sadder= More artistic.

Apparently you can't be funny and artistic in the film industry... they lump in The Producers and Young Frankenstein with The Waterboy and stuff like that.

Gump's okay... really long, self indulgent... I like how they fit Bert and Ernie in there... but I NEVER liked Sally Field. In Mrs. Doubtfire, she was a bigger buzz kill than Buzz Killington.

"You know what always gets me in a quite excited mood? A nice long story about a pleasant boatride."

Uhhhhhhhhhhhggggg.....

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
What did I just say?

Sad= artistic... Happy person through sadness is sadder= More artistic.
My beef isn't really with whether or not it's artistic. My beef is the message it sends to people that they seem to swear by, and I just don't think it's a positive one.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I've seen bits of Jaws in 7th grade, and I'm sorry fans, but it's really overrated. I wasn't interested in it at all.
Also Raiders of the Lost Ark is overrated, it's not terrible ,but not great.
I know what you're thinking, and I don't hate Spielberg. I love ET, Gremlins, and even Hook. It's just these two movies aren't much fun to me (I prefer fun comedies and cutesy animal adventures I'm a kid at heart)