Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
FAO Schwartz is notoriously expensive, that's always been the case. ::shrugs::

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Can any of our experienced puppet builders answer a question for me? I'm noticing that on all the whatnot pics I've seen, the mouth doesn't close well. There is usually a gap of inner mouth showing on one side or the other. What is this most likely due to? A mouth plate with too many layers of fabric over it? An overly stuffed form? Just curious.

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Thanks to a friend in NJ who was kind enough to go to FAO and order it for me, I just received my Whatnot today. I had asked them to put the hair on but leave the eyes and nose off, to alleviate any worry that it would be done badly. The downside to this, is that if I screw it up, it's my fault. I got the orange body, the sportcoat, the bald fringe, the glasses and the blue pointed nose. I had an easy enough time gluing the nose on, but the way the fabric of the nose is folded at the seams makes the nose look a little crooked. Not a huge deal but something to consider if you are debating the pointed nose. I decided that the glasses would be better sewn on instead of glued. There's not much surface area at the 3 points where they contact the face (behind each ear and on the nose) and the hair would have made it pretty difficult to glue the glasses on without a lot of glue probably getting in the hair. It was a bit harder than I expected to just sew the simple loops on each side of his head for the glasses to fit through, and still have them sit on the face where I wanted them, but had I glued them, I wouldn't have been able to move them if there was a mistake. As they ended up, he can kind of adjust his glasses now. They aren't attacheed to the nose so I can make the hand move up and nudge the glasses. Kinda cool.

I'll try to post some pictures later.

ploobis

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I think the Whatnot Workshop online store is open again! I know they said that it would re-open on Feb. 15'th but I just went on the Muppet Whatnot Workshop page from fao.com and it looks like you can buy them online again.

Just check it out and see if I'm right. :smile:

Davina

Reaction score
it is! it is! yay!
just in time to order to get in time for my anniversary (and buy with the $ got for Christmas...)

Reaction score
Whatnots and whatnot

Are there more options at the store in person, or is it the same as online?

Wade, your Youtube video is awesome! Great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.