1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

To be honest you really shouldn't, and I should not have done it ether because it somehow supports people who take the Muppet Whatnots and does some pretty vilonet things with them. What really makes me mad is that they have the guts to put Jim Henson's name on it.
  2. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

3. SteveFlack

SteveFlack New Member

So I finally got a Whatnot!

[​IMG]

I decided to make one that looked just like me. I even added a baseball cap I purchased separately and hot glued onto the glasses myself.

I made a video of the process of the people at FAO making him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C0mgh8VvRM
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

5. BradyB349

BradyB349 New Member

6. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

Guys I wantedc to stop by this thread and let ya know about a few things I heard round.

Soon they will begin facial hair,
    there wil be a change to the lab coat, sounds like they will be looking into outfits that are more occupational.
    If you haven't noticed the pattern for the hawaiin shirt has changed.
    No new noses, or eyes are being introduced.
    There has been talk about introducing a muppet whatnot. It's not known right now whether that will be a limited time offer, but it will most likely be started around Halloween 2009.

Enjoy

KK
  7. Davina

Davina Member

ooh.. cool.. guess i better start saving up for another one.. heh
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

WOOOO! My Whatnot came today!
  9. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Are you gonna make a video of it on YouTube?
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Incidentally, I met a very nice woman in the store last week whose mother is largely responsible for the Muppet Whatnot concept and appeared with DL Hughley on his CNN Christmas show when he made his own Whatnot at Manhattan's FAO. She's was the nice lady shrugging off some of his crude but harmless remarks. We had a nice chat while I clumsily tried to wrap her Loter print. (By the way, if you're out there somewhere - if or when you return to the store you'll get a sweet store discount any time I'm there or if you state who you are to my boss.) :super:

I never would have known about her Whatnot connection had FAO's site not blared the Kermit video before I had a chance to mute the sound. The first time web noise has been beneficial. :)
  11. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

Oh yeah I forgot, I was also informed that they will be including two arm rods sometime in the future. Sorry slipped my mind.

Kevin
  12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

My thoughts on the whatnot:

Geez, it's huge! And the box it came in was larger! He's pretty easy to manage, but my only problem the large abundance of stuffing in the head. It's kind of hard to get your hand in there. But, he's pretty easy to puppeteer. Plus, the arm rod is a bit tricky to get out and back in. But, he's still cool anyway!
  13. Cannibal

Cannibal New Member

Oh man.
    I JUST discovered the online WhatNot shop.
    I will definitely be acquiring at least one of these!
  14. slimey

slimey New Member

Just curious , but did you mean "monster" whatnot ? If so , that would be too cool :D
  15. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

That's all she said. I imagine it would be something along the lines of furry like a telly, or... wow the name of the main Muppet monster that I'm thinking of totally slipped my mind. I would have known the name 25 years ago like a drop in the hat, but now I can't. He's blue, furry, not cookie or grover, I think he had a purple nose, ****. Sorry. But I assume it would be something that didn't have a distinctive human quality. Something with wierd noses like the honkers? Who knows. All the woman said was there was talk of them possibly doing a monster around halloween time. She didn't know if it would be a limited time thing or not.
  16. Davina

Davina Member

uhm.. only "main" blue monster that you didn't mention that I can think of would be Herry Monster
  17. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

where do u find all this stuff out?
  18. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

Degree in communications + good looks + Empty FAO + friendly yet bored employee (who's been there from the beginning) = ******** of information! :D
  19. Roughneck

Roughneck New Member

hmmmmm......Where is the store in New York? I'm in Canada and they won't ship to me, but I am now thinking of a road trip down there.....Or I could get it shipped to folks I know in USA.....but a road trip sounds more fun.
  20. Evoulie

Evoulie Member

Whatnot price went up to $130.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.