1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

One Way Street

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Sep 8, 2008.

1. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever purchased puppets from www.onewaystreet.com. I do like the look of a lot of their puppets (especially the animals) but I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about their puppets so I wanted to get an overall view on what everyone's opinion on their puppets,
  2. jomama

jomama New Member

I have their Snowy Lamb puppet and it is a nice puppet. It has a good working mouth and is light weight.
  3. biblebetty

biblebetty New Member

Our Downey team has a lot of their puppets and I own 10 of their puppets. I've had many drifferent pupppets to work with and these are the ones I always buy to use in performances. I brough some axtels and got a turtle for my birthday. but the problem is when I use them to perform i have to stuff their heads with foam to work the mouths.
    Oneways are comfortable and they last, we've had some that have lasted for seven yrs with good care.
  4. puppetmancan

puppetmancan Member

their puppets are ok, but they are very cookie cutter like. I would recommand catching puppet produtcions on a sale. their puppets are way cuter and cheaper, again if they are on sale, and the staff is much more personable. :grouchy:
  5. wes

wes Active Member

the regular puppets are not that good , cheaply made and cost like $90, I prefer buying from Puppet Productions, there cookie cutter too but they look nicer.

Oneways high end puppets are nice and they give you a choice on colors for skin and hair but are expinsive for what they are, cookie cutter.

I base this one working with many churches and buying from both and working with both.

If you are starting a puppet team I say start with Puppet Productions. most of the time you can get a sale on there puppets.

Now if your looking for something Origanal and custom try finding some puppet builder here (*umhum* Like me);) or others, you'll pay a good price but get a better puppet.
  6. BobThePizzaBoy

Really? Hmmm.... Well, to tell you the truth, I don't really like a lot of the puppets on Puppet Productions. I don't know what it is, but they just don't have the same Muppet like appeal to me as some of the One Ways do.

But, really the only puppets on One Way I'd really buy are the mule and the duckling. Perhaps someone with either of those two puppets could give me their opinions on them.
  7. biblebetty

biblebetty New Member

I'm sorry guys, wasn't paying attention (acturally i'm getting old) I own puppet productions puppets and maybe one or two one way. I like puppet pro the best, and yes they are cheaper and made very well & I like their looks. I don't like a lot of one way puppets looks, but there is one I really liked and brought at a oneway seminar. you can remove his head from his body and I think it looks great but was very expensive. But if you want to get good buys wait for the end of the year sales or go to one of their seminar they sell some of there puppets and reasonable prices.
  8. wes

wes Active Member

I agree with Betty, Bob if thats what works for you awesome!

Some times i tend to get a little Pushy/passionate about puppetry, I'm sorry if I offended you Bob.
  9. BobThePizzaBoy

No problem, wes, no problem at all. I'm not offended at all. :)
  10. wes

wes Active Member

Kew! Thanks!
  11. BobThePizzaBoy

Let me try to put the question in again one more time in a better way:

The only puppets from One Way I'm really interested in are the animals built by the Construction Zone. Are these worth the slightly low prices compared to the "toy" puppets on the site or should I look elsewhere? I do have limited funds, being 16 after all, I should note as well.
  12. biblebetty

biblebetty New Member

Boy I am getting old, I own 3 of the sheep and a camel. I like the looks for the sheep & the camel. But use the mouth is not made very well for the price. I have to stuff the head to get a firm fit & the bottom of the sheep is short so i have to wear a glove. But I do like the looks of the sheep and the camel I but the way it was made inside i"m not to impressed. the head is hollow and the elestic band are not tight enough so you hand slips out.
  13. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I have a yellow Funzle puppet from One Way Street. I love him! :)