1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

2. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

3. anytimepally

it just occurred to me that if things continue like they're going, we'll get Fraggle Rock: Season Three, The Muppet Show: Season Two, & Sesame Street: Old School, Volume 2 all fairly close together.. I'm very excited, but I wonder if my budget can take it :concern:
  4. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Geeze, we all better start saving up for the impending Muppet DVD-apalooza, because no one will want to be the last one on the block to pick any of these releases up!
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Assuming that we can find volume 2 when it comes out. Then again, when volume 1 came out, I was only able to find one copy, and now I've seen many copies at many stores.
  6. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Ooh! Such exciting news! Thanks GelfingWaldo!
  7. minor muppetz

I wonder if the "timeline" process between now and the date of release will be similar to how the "timeline" was for the first set.

Here is the time line for news of the first set(going by memory):
    November 2005: somebody gets an e-mail from Sesame Workshop that confirms that Sesame Workshop was getting legal clearances for a Sesame Street nostalgia set, but states that it probably won't be released until at least 2007.
    April or May 2006: Somebody gets an e-mail from Sesame Workshop stating that there are official plans for a set, I think it was said then that it would come out in October (so much for waiting an extra year). Shortly afterwards, Amazon (or was it another website?) puts up Old School Volume 1 on it's website, giving Ocotober 24 (or whatever the official date was) as the release date.
    June or July 2006: A website (it could be Amazon) has a page for this set, listing it as "Sesame Street Nostalgia: First Five..." (at cut-off). This leads to a brief two-day rumor that the set would have the first five episodes.
    August 2006: The cover is shown on the internet for the first time, confirming that it features material from 1969-1974. Shortly later, TV shows on DVD gives a press release, announcing that it would be athree-disc set, with fve epsiodes, 45 bonus segments (which later turns out to be 54), and the original pilot (which ans speculate is the pilot pitch that ended up on the set, but soem think it might be one of the test pilots).
    September 2006: It's confirmed that the set will have the first five season premiers.
    October: Sesame Workshop puts up a trailer for the set on it's website, and puts up a few press releases. In the weeks before the set is officially released, somebody at Muppet Central, gets an advanced copy and posts a review at Muppet Central (though information on what bonus sketches are included is first listed at Muppet Wiki).
  8. minor muppetz

I may have said this before, but if this set represents the first five years, I hope that it includes either one of the test pilots, This Way to Sesame Street (the NBC promotion special that aired two days before the series officially premiered), or Out to Lunch as bonus features. If it represents the next five years, I think that A Walking Tour of Sesame Street would be an appropriate bonus feature.
  9. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

10. anytimepally

I'm even more excited today! :excited: .. if this keeps up, I'll explode before the release
  11. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

OH WOOOOOOOOOOW!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!! :excited: Oh, THANK you Sesame Workshop! You're the greatest!
  12. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yaey! Bring it on SW!
    Good thing my wallet will only open up for SS Old School 2 and FR Season 3, already have all of TMS Seasons 1 and 2 and can get the rest from my Canadian friend up north.
    The one thing is... Not sure if my budget will allow if I happen to go after a piece of prime real estate in the streets of New York City to be brought here to my home for the collection.

Oh well, we'll see what happens till then.
  13. minor muppetz

It's a shame that the e-mail response didn't say which seasons would be represented. I'm sure that Sesame Workshop probably knows which epsidoes are going to be included by now (how much time would it take between now and it's release, sometime between august and october, to get all legal clearances ready for the release?).
  14. zns

zns Active Member

I think that when Sesame Old School comes out, I'm going to use my money on that and ask for The Muppet Show Season Two and Fraggle Rock Sesaon Three for christmas. I have a good feeling that the Old School DVD set will seasons 6-10, and that the bonus features will be excellent.:) :excited: ;)
  15. LincolnHeights

LincolnHeights New Member

If it is Seasons 6-10, it will be kind of a bummer, therefore that will most likely mean this is a trend they will be doing with future boxed sets having 5 Season premires from the first 20 or mabye even 25 years. Then again, although these were already seen several years ago on Noggin's lineup. We'll get to see a lot of stuff that was cut from the Noggin broadcasts, and mabye even some street scenes that they left out as well, like there was on The 3rd and 4th Season premires.
  16. anytimepally

While I understand the impetus toward this being a Seasons 6-10 set, I'm hopeful it'll be another 1-5 set.. there are SO many clips from the first five seasons we didn't get, and I think it'd be great if they'd release 2 volumes for every five years rather than just one
  17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

YAY! Old School Volume 2!!!

I just read at Muppet Wiki that Volume 2 of Sesame Street Old School will indeed be released! Nothing else is confirmed other than it's possible that it will be released anytime between August and October of this year.

This is soooooooooo cool!
  18. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Yess, Fraggle Season 3, TMS Season 2, Old School Vol. 2 my muppet section of my brain is screaming with glee. :excited:
  19. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

*Screams like a girl*

I can't wait to buy it!
  20. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

*sigh* On my budget, I'll have to put Volume 2 on my holiday wish list; still, I'm glad the series is continuing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.