Old Friends Who've Just Met

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Starts chants of We Want Gonzo! We Want Gonzo! And more commentary while you're at it!

20 heavy textbooks examined already.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 8

Rizzo snored loudly as he slept in his hammock. Random items of mass collecting were flying over his head.

Me: I love that line, random items of mass collecting!

Gonzo: Yeah! Most of it is in our closet!

"Rizzo?" Gonzo asked as he shuffled through his things. Rizzo snored. "Rizzo?!" Gonzo shook Rizzo’s hammock.

Rizzo slowly awoke from his slumber. "Wha-What? I didn’t eat all da corn casserole I swear..."

Gonzo: Yes he did. He eats all of everything.

"Rizzo where’d my postcards go?" Gonzo asked his roommate.

Rizzo rubbed his eyes. "Postcards? Ugh, dey’re under da sets of colored pencils, why?"

Gonzo rushed over to a stack of multi-colored pencils, throwing them behind him. "Well, on one of those postcards are the coordinates of my family’s space station."

Me: Why do you have a stack of multi-colored pencils?

Gonzo: Hey, you’re the writer.

Me: So I’ve heard...

Rizzo watched his roommate from his hammock. "So, you’re really gonna do dis?" he asked.

Gonzo turned around, he was holding a blue and a red pencil in his hand. "Yeah Rizzo, I’m really gonna do it," he said turning back to the pencils.

Gonzo: No I am not!

Me: Yes you are!

*Camilla waddles in furiously*

Camilla: Bawk buck buck baaaawk!!

Gonzo: Oh Camilla! Hi babe!

Rizzo jumped down from the hammock and walked over to his best friend.

"It’s not gonna be da same here without’cha ya know."

Me: ...Camilla WHAT are you doing here?

Camilla: Bagawk! Byuck buck bawk!

Me: Oh...Well if THAT doesn’t explain everything I don’t know what will...

"Yeah well, I think you’ll all survive."

"But will you?"

Gonzo stared at Rizzo. "What do you mean?"

Camilla: Baw? Buck bawk bagawk?

Gonzo: Oh, don’t worry honey, he’ll explain soon.

"Well, dat spaghetti did say dat your family was up against somet’in’ dat could wipe out your entire species. So what’s to stop it from wipin’ you out?"

Camilla: BAGAWK?! Buck byuck bagawk?!

Gonzo: Oh, Ryan wrote it.

Camilla: *furiously pecks me*

Me: OW! What did I-OW! Do to deserve-OWWW!! This?! OW!

"Well, the spaghetti also said that if I came I’d be able to defeat whatever it is they’re up against, so maybe it won’t have a chance."

Rizzo sniffed as he held back tears. "But...But what would I do without you Gonzo? I need ya bud."

"Oh Rizzo," Gonzo patted the rat on the back. "I’ll be okay," he smiled. "And if I don’t come back, who’s gonna be your roommate with all this stuff in here?"

Gonzo: Apparently Ryan will be my roommate no matter what...

Me: NOT IF YOU DON’T GET YOUR GIRLFRIEND OFF OF ME!!

Rizzo laughed. "I guess you’re right. So, did ya find da postcards yet?"

Gonzo pulled out a small stack of postcards from beneath the colored pencils. "Yup, right here!" he shifted through the interstellar postcards. "An here’s the one with the coordinates! Um, Rizzo, I gotta go get these to Bunsen and Beaker at the theater, I’ll talk to you later, ok?"

"But Gonzo-"

"Later!" Gonzo shouted back as he ran down to the basement.

Rizzo shook his head and began to re-stack the colored pencil collection.

Gonzo: I hope he puts those back in the right order...

Me: I’D LIKE TO ORDER A THREE PIECE CHICKEN DINNER!!

Camilla: BAWK?!?! *continues furiously pecking me*

Robin was at the kitchen table with a set of crayons. He was coloring on a piece of blank white paper. A boomerang fish flew over the frog’s head and Lew Zealand ran by, "Hang on Jana!" he stopped and turned to the table, he saw Robin and stopped to talk. "Hey, hey, Little Mr. The Frog! What’re you doing?" Lew asked.

Me: OWWW!! REFERENCE!! YOW! IT’S A REFERENCE TO THE MOPPET FAMILY!! OWWWW!!

Gonzo: How come he gets all the pain?

Robin looked up from his drawing at Lew. "Oh hi Lew, I’m just drawing some pictures," Robin said.

"Wow, well if you need any inspiration, just let me know and I can do my boomerang fish!" he ducked down and popped back up holding a fish in each hand. "Watch! I throw them a-way!" he threw one of the fish away and it smacked Bean Bunny in the back of the head. "And they come back to me!" he said, waiting for the fish to come back. "Hmm, Mairin needs more training..." he said, walking off.

Robin shook his head and returned to his pictures. A loud thumping was heard coming down the stairs, Robin turned back around and saw Gonzo. "Hey Gonzo, I have something for you!" Robin said.

Gonzo: Ooh, what is it? What is it??

Me: IT’S PAINFUL!!!

"Can it wait Robin? I’ve really gotta get this to Bunsen," he said waving a postcard and running past, right out the door.

Gonzo: Oh, but I wanna see what he made!

Me: OW! You will! OW!

"But...I drew it myself," Robin whispered. He grabbed a piece of paper and looked down at it. On the paper, Robin had drawn a picture of Gonzo floating in space and Robin standing on a mini Earth. At the top he’d written, "Close to my soul, and yet so far away." Robin frowned, "Well, I guess I can give it to him later," he put the picture off to the side. "But, he is going to go back there Thursday..."

Gonzo: Heh, that’s a cute reference to the song Ryan.

Me: CAMILLA WOULD LOOK CUTE WITH A SIDE OF FRIES!!

Camilla: BAGAAAAAAAAAAWK!

"I did it Johnny’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!" Sal Manilla, Johnny Fiama’s butler’s monkey, sang.

One of the lenses in Clifford’s sunglasses cracked, he tossed them off his face. "Alright, next!" he shouted from the front row of seats in the Muppet Theater.

Me: OW! Before I-OW! Forget, this scene was-OWWW! Inspired by my good friend christyb!! OW!!

Kermit scrunched up his face as Scooter marked something on yet another checklist. "Well boss, that’s all the acts," Scooter said.

Kermit sighed. "I guess we’ll never find anyone to replace Gonzo’s act."

Gonzo: They’re REPLACING me?

"Hey," Sal shouted. "What was wrong with my act?"

Gonzo: Yeah, I liked it, it was painful.

Me: I KNOW THE FEELING!!

Johnny Fiama joined his monkey on stage. "What was wrong with it? What wasn’t wrong with it? You were insulting me Sal!"

"Sorry Johnny, I was just expressing my inner feelings," Sal shrugged.

"You’re inner feelings? Since when do you have inner feelings?"

"I’ve always had inner feelings! You just don’t pay attention to me!"

Me: OWOWOWOWOW!! I REALLY LOVE WRITING-OWWW!! JOHNNY AND SAL!! OWWW!

Gonzo: You do it pretty well too. Hey Camilla, you hungry?

Me: YES!! SHE’S HUNGRY FOR HUMAN FLESH!!

Johnny was examining his fingers. "Oh what? Sorry Sal I wasn’t paying attention. Oh and, uh, could you go get me a canolli?"

Sal sighed. "Yeah Johnny, no problem..." the monkey said as he walked off.
The front doors of the theater burst open and Gonzo darted inside. "Kermit, Kermit, Kermit! Where are Bunsen and Beaker?"

Gonzo: Hey! Look Camilla! There I am!

Camilla: *gets off of me* Baw...*lays head on Gonzo’s shoulder*

Me: Finally...A break...Finally...I’m not being henpecked...

Camilla: Bagawk! Bawk pun! BAWWK! *returns to furiously pecking me*

Kermit turned around. "Nice to see you too Gonzo, but, uh, last time I saw Bunsen and Beaker they were backstage testing something on...Er...Someone."

Gonzo: Heh, they always are...Don’t you agree Camilla?

Camilla: *pecking harder* Bawk! Bawk! Bawk! Bawk!

Gonzo: Die! Die! Die! Die! Who’s dieing?

Camilla: BAGAWWWK!

Gonzo: Oh, Ryan? Okay, have fun honey.

Me: CURSE YOU CORNEL SANDERS AND YOUR FAST FOOD CHAIN!!

"Thanks Kermit!" Gonzo said as he ran backstage still carrying a postcard. The set of postcards he had were all from his family in space, each of them telling him of how everything was going, or in the case of the special card in Gonzo’s hand, how to find them if he ever needed to.

He found Bunsen and Beaker backstage just as Kermit had said. They were standing over a gigantic speaker with Floyd Pepper, who was holding his bass. "Are you sure about this man?" Floyd asked.

Gonzo: Ooh, neat machine.

"Oh positively Mr. Pepper!" Bunsen exclaimed. "With our new Muppet Labs Agitated Amplifier you’ll be able to blast your rock and roll until you can’t rock and roll any more!"

"Mo more!" Beaker shouted.

Gonzo walked up to the front of the speaker and looked up at the scientists and their musical man. "So what? I just hit a note?" Floyd asked.
"Ooh yes, an E preferably!" Bunsen said.

Me: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Gonzo: Ooh, nice tone.

"Me mee me mo!"

Floyd shrugged. "Alright," he brought his hand down on a string. The speaker blared and created a small breath of wind that blew Gonzo’s hair tufts back. "Whoa man!" Floyd shouted. "This is groovy!" he said before playing a series of notes, getting harder on each one, and finally slamming down on the guitar, sending Gonzo flying across the stage in a gust of jamming bass.

Gonzo crashed on the other side of the stage, breaking through a crate. He jumped up and out of the crate and back onto the stage looking himself over.

Clifford laughed. "Got a new stunt idea, eh Gonz?" he asked.

Gonzo: You bet I do!

"No!" Gonzo shouted, making the others jump in their seats. "I’m lucky I’m not hurt!"

"Whoa man, chill out," Clifford said.

"Chill out? Chill out?! I just had a near-death experience!" Gonzo yelled.

Gonzo: Wasn’t it cool?! Oh wait, I get it! Chill out, cool, I see the next joke coming up.

"Gonzo this isn’t the first time," Kermit said.

Gonzo: That wasn’t the joke I thought about...

"Actually it’s the 41,578th time," Scooter remarked. Everyone turned to Scooter. "Well someone has to keep the numbers."

Gonzo: Hmm, I didn’t know he kept the numbers...I wonder if he’s counted how many pecks that is.

Me: ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT AS THE AFORE-MENTIONED NUMBER!

Gonzo shook his head and stormed off the stage, back to Bunsen, Beaker, Floyd and the Agitated Amplifier. "Here," Gonzo said, handing Bunsen the postcard. "These are the coordinates I need to head to tomorrow."

"You alright man?" Floyd asked.

"Yeah, I’m fine," Gonzo muttered.

"Um, the rocket will be ready for you tomorrow Mr. Gonzo," Bunsen said.
"Mee mo mo," Beaker echoed.

"Great," Gonzo said as he left the theater through the backstage door into the alleyway.

Gonzo: Heh, "Great" "Gonzo" I like it Ryan, nice touch.

Me: OW! CAMILLA HAS AN EVIL TOUCH!

Camilla: BAWK BUCK BUCK BAGAAAAAWK!!

He began to walk out onto the sidewalk. He kicked a tin can in front of him into the street. A car drove over it, crunching it and sending it flying back at Gonzo’s feet. Gonzo looked down at the can and lifted his eye sockets. "That could be me..."

Gonzo: Ooh, neato! Hey Ryan, that can somewhat resembles you!

He heard the theater door open and close, and he heard small footsteps down the stairs. A hand sat on his shoulder, "Gonzo, you know Clifford didn’t mean what he said," Kermit said, trying to comfort the weirdo.

Gonzo nodded. "I know Kermit, I know. I’m just really under a lot of stress right now."

Me: AND I’M UNDER A LOT OF PAIN AND POULTRY RIGHT NOW!! OWWWW!!

"We all know that Gonzo, and we all feel for you. We’re all pretty stressed out right now too, ya know," Kermit said calmly. "What with the robbery, having to replace you in the show and well...You leaving Gonzo. We’ll miss you."

Gonzo: Awww...Isn’t that sweet Camilla?

Camilla: Byuck bawk bawk!

Gonzo: Oh sorry, I didn’t know you were busy.

"I’ll miss you too Kermit," Gonzo said. "I wish you all could come with me, I wish that you could just visit, and I’d visit too, then I could go back there with you."

Gonzo: HEY! I remember that! It’s a *ahem* REFERENCE!! To Ryan’s other story "Sometimes It’s Better to Go"!

Kermit smiled. "Did you make that up?" Kermit asked sarcastically.

Gonzo: No, Ryan did.

"Awhile ago, yeah, I’ve been thinking about it for seven years."

"You’ve had that long haven’t you?"

Gonzo: I dunno, Scooter keeps the numbers.

Me: And I don’t know how long-OWWW!! I can keep alive!! OWW!

Gonzo nodded slowly. "Yeah well, I’ve kept myself entertained, with some help of course."

Kermit grinned, "Glad we could be of service, now come on, let’s go back inside, it’s getting ready to rain," he said, looking up at the clouds forming in the sky above their heads. "And besides that," the frog said, pushing Gonzo towards the door. "I need your help picking someone weird and wild to replace your act. Not that we’re hard pressed to find that sort of thing around here..."

Gonzo: Cute, cute chapter. Now come on Camilla, let’s head back to the dorms!

Camilla: *get off of me* Bawk! *steps on my chest* Humph! *walks off with Gonzo*

Me: Oh...I’ll never...Eat chicken...Again...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi-la-ry-ous review.

Loved the many little subtle times you got the business end of Camilla's beak. Now if only a certain coffee drinker's fanfiction showed us just what happened to drive a huge wedge between that beak and the schnoz of her weirdo boyfriend...
*Ahem, The Great Desire, ahem.

Love the commentaries Ry... Keep 'em comin'!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Aye, 'tis good, Prawnie. Hopefully it'll cure insomnia. Or, maybe it won't, but... a girl can dream. Or at least she could, if she could sleep... <Sigh,> I have to wake up in five hours... <scrunchy face> <hugs> More please...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
While we're at it... Could we get a chapter of Flippersteps to go?

What? They share everything right? Then it seems only fair that they share the nagging for their stories in each other's threads, no?
*Walks out of post...

Leyla

Reaction score
Oops, falling behind here! Better late than never, right Prawnie?

theprawncracker said:
Rizzo snored loudly as he slept in his hammock. Random items of mass collecting were flying over his head.

Me: I love that line, random items of mass collecting!

Gonzo: Yeah! Most of it is in our closet!
<grins> I like that line too! It gives it such a chaotic, random, messy kind of feeling... and I don't like to think what Gonzo's closet looks like. :wink:

Rizzo slowly awoke from his slumber. "Wha-What? I didn’t eat all da corn casserole I swear..."

Gonzo: Yes he did. He eats all of everything.
<laughs> Oh, no surprise that's the sort of dream Rizzo would have! It could be worse... he could be dreaming of Yolanda. Oh, and <puts crown on head> as Dame of diction, might I mention how awesome the phrase "all of everything" is?

Me: Why do you have a stack of multi-colored pencils?

Gonzo: Hey, you’re the writer.

Me: So I’ve heard...
Not too sure about that, Prawnie? I don't blame you! Sometimes I'm not sure I'm the writer either... and you should see the skeptical looks the characters give me sometimes. Or, in the case of Kermit... scrunchy faces.

*Camilla waddles in furiously*

Camilla: Bawk buck buck baaaawk!!

Gonzo: Oh Camilla! Hi babe!
<giggles> There's a sensible woman to the rescue at last. :wink:

Me: ...Camilla WHAT are you doing here?

Camilla: Bagawk! Byuck buck bawk!

Me: Oh...Well if THAT doesn’t explain everything I don’t know what will...
HAHAHAHA!!! Great line! <giggles> I sometimes wonder if all these inarticulate characters get together to commiserate sometimes.

Camilla: Baw? Buck bawk bagawk?

Gonzo: Oh, don’t worry honey, he’ll explain soon.
Aww.... <cuddles Gonzo and Camilla>

"Well, dat spaghetti did say dat your family was up against somet’in’ dat could wipe out your entire species. So what’s to stop it from wipin’ you out?"

Camilla: BAGAWK?! Buck byuck bagawk?!

Gonzo: Oh, Ryan wrote it.

Camilla: *furiously pecks me*

Me: OW! What did I-OW! Do to deserve-OWWW!! This?! OW!
<laughs> You're the writer! Writing is a fine art and all artists must suffer! It's just the way of things, Dr. Prawniedew. And who knows better than Beaker about suffering. And honestly... if you can't believe talking sphaghetti... who can you believe?

Gonzo: Apparently Ryan will be my roommate no matter what...

Me: NOT IF YOU DON’T GET YOUR GIRLFRIEND OFF OF ME!!
<laughs> If you can't handle Camilla, Ryan, what chance do you have against Piggy? Not that that's really related of course... she's just on my mind a lot... you've listened to me ramble... you know that... oh, and that certainly doesn't make me a fangirl so you can forget about that! Oh, but these roommates can be a handful, can't they?

Rizzo shook his head and began to re-stack the colored pencil collection.

Gonzo: I hope he puts those back in the right order...

Me: I’D LIKE TO ORDER A THREE PIECE CHICKEN DINNER!!

Camilla: BAWK?!?! *continues furiously pecking me*
Oh, you were just begging for that one, Prawnie... boy, you gotta feel sorry for all the Muppets who are related to eating animals.... or vegetables, for that matter. And Oh, I laughed so hard at Gonzo wanting the pencils back in the right order! It's such a Gonzo-y thing to do. He and his collections.

Me: OWWW!! REFERENCE!! YOW! IT’S A REFERENCE TO THE MOPPET FAMILY!! OWWWW!!

Gonzo: How come he gets all the pain?
Ah, and you continue in your efforts to baffle me with the Moppet Family. Excellent! Love Gonzo's jealousy.

Gonzo: Ooh, what is it? What is it??

Me: IT’S PAINFUL!!!
<giggles> That will only make him more curious!
"But, he is going to go back there Thursday..."

Gonzo: Heh, that’s a cute reference to the song Ryan.

Me: CAMILLA WOULD LOOK CUTE WITH A SIDE OF FRIES!!

Camilla: BAGAAAAAAAAAAWK!
<giggles> Maybe you should reread Kermit's book (which I have now, YAY!!!) for help in dealing with difficult personalities Prawnie. And I agree with Gonzo, fun reference to the song... with such a funny little twist.

Kermit sighed. "I guess we’ll never find anyone to replace Gonzo’s act."

Gonzo: They’re REPLACING me?

"Hey," Sal shouted. "What was wrong with my act?"

Gonzo: Yeah, I liked it, it was painful.

Me: I KNOW THE FEELING!!
<grins> This is turning into a fun running gag, which I love. Gonzo's on fire this commentary... really, very, very funny!

Me: OWOWOWOWOW!! I REALLY LOVE WRITING-OWWW!! JOHNNY AND SAL!! OWWW!

Gonzo: You do it pretty well too. Hey Camilla, you hungry?

Me: YES!! SHE’S HUNGRY FOR HUMAN FLESH!!
<laughs> Ooh, scary... Note to self: don't get on Camilla's bad side. I'm gonna go vegetarian I think. <is suddenly surround by truly vicious looking radishes.>

Uh oh.

Gonzo: Hey! Look Camilla! There I am!

Camilla: *gets off of me* Baw...*lays head on Gonzo’s shoulder*

Me: Finally...A break...Finally...I’m not being henpecked...

Camilla: Bagawk! Bawk pun! BAWWK! *returns to furiously pecking me*
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Bad pun!! Oh I love it! Camilla and Animal must have a book club or something.

Kermit turned around. "Nice to see you too Gonzo, but, uh, last time I saw Bunsen and Beaker they were backstage testing something on...Er...Someone."

Gonzo: Heh, they always are...Don’t you agree Camilla?

Camilla: *pecking harder* Bawk! Bawk! Bawk! Bawk!

Gonzo: Die! Die! Die! Die! Who’s dieing?

Camilla: BAGAWWWK!

Gonzo: Oh, Ryan? Okay, have fun honey.

Me: CURSE YOU CORNEL SANDERS AND YOUR FAST FOOD CHAIN!!
<laughs very hard> Oh, hysterical! First off, Kermit's line itself is wonderful... I can picture exactly how he says it. Then of course Gonzo's great... especially his understanding what Camilla's saying! Die, die, die... too funny.
I especially love him approving Camilla's murderous attempts on his roommate... and he probably thinks you're having the time of you life...

"Ooh yes, an E preferably!" Bunsen said.

Me: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Gonzo: Ooh, nice tone.
<grins> Something about all those EEEEEE's together just speaks to me somehow. I just can't put my finger on why...
"Chill out? Chill out?! I just had a near-death experience!" Gonzo yelled.

Gonzo: Wasn’t it cool?! Oh wait, I get it! Chill out, cool, I see the next joke coming up.

"Gonzo this isn’t the first time," Kermit said.

Gonzo: That wasn’t the joke I thought about...
Ooh... it's funny, but it's also a little sad too... poor Gonzo... It's so strange to see him all freaked out like that.

Gonzo: Hmm, I didn’t know he kept the numbers...I wonder if he’s counted how many pecks that is.

Me: ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT AS THE AFORE-MENTIONED NUMBER!
<giggles> Camilla dear... I'd appreciate it if you'd let him live... he writes stories which entertain me!

"Great," Gonzo said as he left the theater through the backstage door into the alleyway.

Gonzo: Heh, "Great" "Gonzo" I like it Ryan, nice touch.

Me: OW! CAMILLA HAS AN EVIL TOUCH!

Camilla: BAWK BUCK BUCK BAGAAAAAWK!!
<laughs> Wow... boy is she steamed! I also liked that "Great" "Gonzo" thing.

Gonzo: Ooh, neato! Hey Ryan, that can somewhat resembles you!
<laughs> Oh, cute!

Gonzo nodded. "I know Kermit, I know. I’m just really under a lot of stress right now."

Me: AND I’M UNDER A LOT OF PAIN AND POULTRY RIGHT NOW!! OWWWW!!
<laughs> This is made even funnier by the next part...

Gonzo: Awww...Isn’t that sweet Camilla?

Camilla: Byuck bawk bawk!

Gonzo: Oh sorry, I didn’t know you were busy.
...which is sort of sweet sounding... except that Ryan's being pecked to death. I guess I know what he sees in her now... and vise versa.

Kermit smiled. "Did you make that up?" Kermit asked sarcastically.

Gonzo: No, Ryan did.
<giggles>

"You’ve had that long haven’t you?"

Gonzo: I dunno, Scooter keeps the numbers.

Me: And I don’t know how long-OWWW!! I can keep alive!! OWW!
Ah, nice call back to Scooter!

Gonzo: Cute, cute chapter. Now come on Camilla, let’s head back to the dorms!

Camilla: *get off of me* Bawk! *steps on my chest* Humph! *walks off with Gonzo*

Me: Oh...I’ll never...Eat chicken...Again...
<giggles> Or at the least... don't tell the evil chicken about it!! Here honey... have a bandaid, you're messing up the carpet. Maybe I should send Hilda over to comfort you... she wouldn't mind, I'm sure, and she makes killer chicken soup... oh... wait...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 9

At five am Thursday morning, four cars and a psychedelically colored bus drove down the street leading to the light house on top the sand at Cape Doom. The lime green Volkswagen Beetle was towing a trailer loaded down with a large tarp, of course there was something underneath the tarp.

Me: That’s four! Four cars! Ah ah ah!

Gonzo: What are you laughing at?

The red corvette led the pack of cars down the stretch of sandy road to the lighthouse. The car parked and from either side hopped out Johnny Fiamma and Sal Minella. "Gee Johnny, don’t you feel bad about not bringing anybody else in the car with us?" Sal asked.

Me: Uh-oh, here it comes...

Johnny casually strolled over towards the light house with Sal. "Are you kidding Sal? Bring those others in my curvy crimson corvette? They could dirty it up!"
Gonzo: Nice alliteration.

Me: Don’t you mean annihilation?

Gonzo: I dunno, do I?

Me: It’s a joke Gonzo...

"Yeah, I guess you’re right," Sal said, kicking some sand. "After all that car of yours has been through I’d be pretty careful too."

Me: REFERENCE!! To my dearest other half and her second story, "Chasing Robin."

Gonzo: Your other half is a girl?

Me: ...Yes...

Gonzo: You’re more disturbing than I am.

Suddenly the crunching of metal on metal was heard behind the two of them. When Johnny turned around, his car was nowhere in sight, and Bunsen’s lime green Volkswagen was in its place. "What the-Bunsen what happened here?!" Johnny shouted.

Me: Bunsen happened there, that’s what happened there.

Bunsen, Beaker and Beauregard emerged from the vehicle. Bunsen approached the front of the car. "Oh my Mr. Fiamma I am sorry about that," Bunsen said. "No worries however, I can buff out this dent in my car with the new Muppet Lab’s Fender Defender Beaker and I installed yesterday! Beaker if you would."

Me: Oh dear...How many inventions is that this story? Four?

Gonzo: And not one of them worked right.

Me: This surprises you?

Gonzo: Nothing surprises me.

Me: Except lampshades...

Gonzo: SHHH!!

Reluctantly, Beaker leaned down and pressed in on the hood of the car, sending the fender flying right off, taking Beaker with it and right into the ocean, on top a red corvette.

"My baby..." Johnny moaned. Sal patted his back as he chuckled underneath his breath.

Me: That Sal’s a devious little monkey.

Gonzo: I bet he gets that a lot.

Me: I know I do.

Kermit’s green mini van, Clifford’s black sports car and finally the Electric Mayhem’s bus pulled up behind Bunsen’s Volkswagen and the trailer attached. The rest of the Muppets in the various cars joined the others on the beach.

Me: I think three out of those four cars are references. Kermit’s van to my story, "Revenge of Elmo," (it also made a cameo in my story "Sometimes It’s Better to Go"), I think Clifford’s car debuted in "Sometimes It’s Better to Go," but it may have come about before hand, and Bunsen’s beetle debuted in "Revenge of Elmo" as well (along with a cameo in "Sometimes It’s Better to Go").

"Ok Dr. Honeydew let’s get this show on the road," Gonzo told Bunsen.
Gonzo: But they just got off the road and out of their cars.

Beaker walked out on to the beach, dripping wet, and over to Bunsen. "Yes sir Mr. Gonzo, come now Beakie let’s get the trailer," Dr. Honeydew said. The two scientists moved over to the trailer attached to Bunsen’s car and unhitched it. The two of them hauled the trailer over to the center of where all of the Muppets had gathered. Bunsen yanked off the tarp revealing a medium sized metallic rocket perched on the trailer.

Gonzo: Ooh, shiny.

Gonzo approached it slowly, carrying a small duffel bag with him. "Wow doc, it looks great," he said. "Well I guess I should be on my way."

He turned around and looked at his friends, everyone had gathered to see him off. Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Bunsen, Beaker, Crazy Harry, Floyd, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Animal, Zoot, Lips Scooter, Rowlf, Lew, Sam, Rizzo, Pepe, Clifford, Beauregard, Johnny and Sal, Dr. Phil van Neuter, The Swedish Chef, Zippity Zap, Pops, Bobo, Link Hogthrob, Julius Strangepork, rats, cats, penguins, even Statler and Waldorf came to heckle the launch.

Me: Ah, another tradition of my fan-fics, a big long list of all the Muppets at a given point...Gotta love it.

He felt a rubbing against his chest. He looked down and saw Camilla looking back at him. "Oh Camilla, I’ll miss you too," he grabbed her close to him. "Until we meet again my darling," he gave her a peck on the cheek. She pecked back, literally.

Me: Now see, this is what I felt was drastically missing from MFS. Camilla involvement.

Gonzo: Well if she wasn’t involved with me, then who was she involved with?

Me: I dunno, why don’t you ask her yourself Romeo.

Gonzo: Oh sure, I’ll just call her back in and-

Me: NO!

All of the Muppets offered their goodbyes.

Me: Ooh! Yay! I love pointing out who said what on these!

"Gonzo go bye bye?"

Me: Animal.

"Hasta luego senor spaceman, hokay?"

Me: Pepe.

"See ya Gonzo, good luck."

Me: Scooter.

"Keep your groovy blue self jammin’ out there in space Gonzo my main alien man."

Me: Floyd.

"Fer sure, make sure you like, stay rully organically cleansed out above the atmosphere."

Me: Janice.

"Have a good trip there Gonzo."

Me: Bobo.

"Yeah see you next fall! Ahh! Wocka wocka!"

Me: Ugh, Fozzie...

"I wish we could go into space with you."

Me: Beauregard.

"I wish we could get some space from all of you!"

Me: Statler.

"Do ho ho ho!"

Me: Statler and Waldorf.

Kermit and Rizzo approached Gonzo from the pack. "Gonzo buddy," Rizzo said. "I want you to take my lucky skippin’ stone wit’ ya. Now, I don’t know if dey got any water up der where your goin’ but maybe you can use it," the rat handed his best friend a decent sized flat rock.

Me: OH NO!!

Gonzo: ...What?

Me: Um...UM...Christy!! Remember those things we hope the readers never catch?!

Gonzo took it and put it in his pants pocket. "Thanks Rizzo, I’ll take care of it. Bye Rizzo," he hugged the rat, and the rat hugged back. This was goodbye to his best friend.

Gonzo: Bye Rizzo...

Kermit looked down at the ground, avoiding his goodbye. Gonzo turned to Kermit and smiled. "Kermit, thank you so much. And, I know I’ve told you this before but...But you’re the best friend I could ever hope for Kermit," Gonzo said grabbing Kermit and hugging.

Me: I think that’s the only time you’ll see Kermit avoiding something.

Gonzo: You mean besides Piggy and the Chef’s cleaver?

Me: Yes besides those.

When Gonzo let go, Kermit smirked a bit. "Well, I know we’ve already told you this before but, we love you Gonzo," Kermit spread his arms out, "All of us."

Gonzo: Aww.

All of the Muppets nodded and smiled in agreement. Gonzo nodded once too and turned to the now upright rocket ship. "Oh, Gonzo wait!" Kermit called. He handed Gonzo a folded piece of paper. "Here, it’s from Robin, you know he wanted to be here this morning, but we left him with Sweetums at the boarding house so he could sleep."

Me: *shifty eyes* Yes, Robin is at home safe...I sware...

Gonzo: Have you always had that twitch with your eyes?

Me: Ever since I started writing fan-fic...Yes.

Gonzo smiled and pocketed the picture. "Tell him I said thanks, and that I’ll miss him." He pulled open a door on the bottom of the ship and placed his suitcase inside. He turned around and looked at his friends one more time before finally climbing into the ship.

"Okay Mr. Gonzo, just flip the switch and press the green button!" Bunsen called out as he closed the door.

Me: It’s not easy pressing green.

Gonzo: Boo!

"Yo Dr. Dew, you sure this is safe?" Clifford asked.

Me: Hehehe, Dr. Dew, I love it. Cliff called him that in Muppets Tonight!

"Oh absolutely Clifford," Bunsen said. "Our tests on the ship have proven it to have a 1/1000 chance of success!"

Me: Now math isn’t my best subject but...That’s bad, right?

Gonzo: *shrug* I dunno, that’s the success rate of all of my stunts.

Clifford lowered his glasses. "Could you run that by me again?"

"Dr. Honeydew a 1/1000 success is not good!" Scooter said.

Me: Ah, see, listen to the go-fer-geek.

Gonzo: Did he get a promotion?!

Bunsen scratched his head, "That explains why all of the inventions I’ve tested on Beaker have...Mr. Gonzo wait!"

Me: HA!

It was too late, Gonzo had already flipped the switch and pressed the button. As the base of the rocket ignited, Gonzo looked out the window and waved. He took a seat inside the ship and waited.

The other Muppets watched on as the rocket lifted up from the ground and shot up into the early morning sky.

Rizzo had his eyes closed and his hands together. "Oh please let Gonzo make it, I’ll never steal anyone’s pizza again...Ok maybe I will, but please let Gonzo be okay!"

Gonzo: Rizzo is such a good friend...

Gonzo faced massive turbulence inside the Earth’s atmosphere. All of the Muppets gasped as a small piece of the ship broke off and fell to the sandy Earth below.

Gonzo clenched the arm rests on his chair as the rocket broke through the atmosphere and into the great beyond.

Gonzo: Oh what suspense!

All of the Muppets down on Cape Doom sighed in relief and began to return to their respective cars.

"Well that was anti-climactic!" Statler said.

Gonzo: My sentiments exactly!

"Are you kidding?" Waldorf asked. "That was the most excitement you’ve had since the Revolutionary War! Do ho ho ho!"

Me: HA!

When Gonzo reached the vast starry reaches of space he could finally relax. Now all he had to do was wait as the ship piloted itself to his family’s space station thanks to the coordinates he had given Bunsen.

But now he was alone again. He silently hoped that it wouldn’t take too long to reach the space station. He sighed. "No one’s here for me right now...No one to talk to, no one to sing with, no one to dance with..." he stood up and walked to the center of the ship and began to dance around.

Gonzo: Now I would NEVER do something like that...

Me: But it’s "Dancin’ With Myself"!

Gonzo: OOH! *shoots up and starts dancing*

"On the floors of Tokyo
Down in London town to go go," he looked down at the metallic flooring and saw his reflection.

"With the right direction
And the mirrors reflection
I’m dancin’ with myself

Me: This part was so hard to write because I had to listen to the clip like seven or eight times to get all the words down.

Gonzo: GET DOWN! *dancing*

"When there’s no one else in sight
In the crowded lonely night
If I had the chance I’d ask the world to dance
Now I’m a’dancin’ with myself
Dancin’ with myself
Dancin’ with myself

"Well there’s nothin’ to lose
And there’s nothin’ to prove
I’m a’dancin’ with myself,
" he began to dance around and around the ship.

"Well I’ve looked all over the world
And there’s every type of girl
Well if I had the chance I’d ask the world to dance

"Dancin’ with myself
Dancin’ with myself
Dancin’ with-
"

"You don’t have to dance by yourself," a small voice said from behind him.

Gonzo: AHH! What was that?!

Me: Your conscience.

Gonzo: My what?

Gonzo jumped in the air and turned around to see Robin the Frog smiling at him.

"Robin?! Wha-What are you doing here?" Gonzo shouted.

Robin shrugged, "Well I-I haven’t really gotten much time to see you. And I wanted to come with you Gonzo."

Me: To quote the great Beth in response to me bringing Robin along: "You’ve just added a whole new dimension to the story!"

Gonzo: Heh, you’ll be in a whole new dimension of pain when Kermit finds out...

Gonzo fidgeted. "But, but you can’t be here! Kermit’s gonna be so worried and-And..."

"Don’t worry, I wrote him a note and left it in a place where he can’t miss it!" Robin said.

Me: ...Oh dang...

Gonzo: What?

Me: He missed the note...

Gonzo: Maybe he should take singing lessons.

Me: *headsmack*

Gonzo sighed. "But Robin...You can’t be here, this is going to be too dangerous for you!"

"I’ll be okay Gonzo, you’ll be here to protect me," Robin smiled.

Me: Awww...

Gonzo rubbed the back of his head, "Okay, but we’ll still have to call Kermit when we get to the space station. But you can’t let anyone see you! I don’t know if there are any spies, and I can’t let you get hurt."

Zongo watched a monitor from the space station, he saw the rocket launch from Cape Doom. He walked through an automatic door and bumped into a red feathered, pink nosed Gonzonian. "Oh Princess Flanzgo excuse me," the Earthling said helping the Gonzonian up from the floor.

The red feathered female dusted herself off. "It’s my fault Zongo, I should’ve been paying attention to where I was going. But I noticed you were in a hurry to, where are you off to?"

Me: Introducing, the one and only, Princess Flanzgo!

Gonzo: And she is...?

Zongo smiled at the princess, "I’m off to tell your father that your uncle Gonzo is on his way to our craft here."

Me: Your niece.

Gonzo: MY WHAT?!

Flanzgo gasped. "He’s coming! Oh praise the sky we may be saved!"

Zongo nodded. "I’m sure he’ll be able to help us."

"Well what are we waiting for? Let’s go tell daddy!" she said running off.

"Wait for me!" Zongo called after her.

Me: Heh, Zongo running after her...Cute. Let’s get back home Gonzo.

Leyla

Reaction score
Ooh, very funny Prawnie! I particularly liked this:

theprawncracker said:
Gonzo: Nice alliteration.

Me: Don’t you mean annihilation?

Gonzo: I dunno, do I?

Me: It’s a joke Gonzo...
This:
Me: REFERENCE!! To my dearest other half and her second story, "Chasing Robin."

Gonzo: Your other half is a girl?

Me: ...Yes...

Gonzo: You’re more disturbing than I am.
She's more disturbing than Gonzo is too, ironically enough! <waves happily at beloved mentor>
Gonzo: And not one of them worked right.

Me: This surprises you?

Gonzo: Nothing surprises me.

Me: Except lampshades...

Gonzo: SHHH!!
<giggles> And that! Lampshades! Well, why not... <makes note to reference
that at some point.>

Me: *shifty eyes* Yes, Robin is at home safe...I sware...

Gonzo: Have you always had that twitch with your eyes?

Me: Ever since I started writing fan-fic...Yes.
<giggles> Yeah, I know the feeling. Funny how that happens!
Great job, Prawnie! And lots of fun!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the update in commentary sir... May we have another?

Hey, party's back at Gonzo's house!
*Extra Gonzos run offscreen.
Gonzo: Phew, I thought I'd never leave.

Funny bit from MT, glad you included that.
And if you really want to ask Camilla where she was during MFS... Well, I think some questions are better left unanswered. After all, a girl, or a chicken in this case has to have some secrets right?
What? *Spots the little UG blurb there. Oh, well... Just dipping my toes at the UG town's riverwalk.

Please... Post more commentary soonish!