Old Friends Who've Just Met

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... They're all Exod's mindslaves, but when you said of Xaldin in the last chapter... Well, it almost confused me, thought Xavier was Exod's true slave.
No worries, is all good. Especially the story.
Oh, and what's the picture you linked/posted up above Ryan?

Clifford, eyeing Ryan with that "Don't try me, boy" look: Seriously dude... You need to get a better sig, aight.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Count said:
Oh, and what's the picture you linked/posted up above Ryan?

Clifford, eyeing Ryan with that "Don't try me, boy" look: Seriously dude... You need to get a better sig, aight.
Oh sorry Ed, the picture I posted it above is Clyde.

And as for the siggy...Did you throw Beau in the closet again? *sigh* Fine, I'll change it...*does*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Laughing... That's not what I meant and you know it, you wascally pwawn.
Besides, Bo can practically lock himself in that closet, much like Fozzie in that magician's magic box that one time.

Now, as for this story... You gonna post more? Soonish? Please?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, Count, while we are on the subject, more Visions will not be forthcoming overly soon because I need to get ahead of myself a little before posting, and...I have only written one more scene so far. But i have been over-my-head busy with a non-Muppet assignment, etc.

Bea:zany:{But I will get there eventually!}regard

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh good... Then no more Muppet alphabet siggys will be forthcoming also, until that new chapter of Visions 2 gets posted.

Good thing we have so many more other stories to go through though.
Like Oscar said: So many stories, so little time.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Just ran in quick to say, great story still, I'd say more, but I don't have enough time at the moment. I also have to say, GREAT PICTURES! Ryan, that's totally how I pictured Clyde. Matt, that was a great picture you drew from Robin's perspective. I can only draw stick figures myself, so yeah, they wouldn't be too pretty.

*exits stage left as quickly as she came in*

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all the good words about the story, I'm so glad you're all enjoying it. And as for the next chapter...Er...Is coming is coming...Just not as fast as I would've hoped. :stick_out_tongue: CURSE THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I SECOND THE CURSING OF THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM! AND I SHAKE MY FIST AT THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM! And I stop shouting now. Because an all-caps post just isn't fun at all.

And hey, Mr. Prawnie, just how much is it to rent out that sig of yours? Out of curiosity... Although curiosity killed the cat... not that I am a cat... we all know I'm three cats. <shifty eyes> Which... isn't encouraging on account of curiosity, is it...

Ahem. Anyway. MORE PLEASE! (When the educational system behaves itself enough to allow it.)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Toga said:
And hey, Mr. Prawnie, just how much is it to rent out that sig of yours? Out of curiosity...

Ahem. Anyway. MORE PLEASE! (When the educational system behaves itself enough to allow it.)
Well it costs at least one fan-fic chapter a day...

More coming now! (The educational system is behaving today)

Oh, and uh...This one gets kinda intense...So...Teddies...Yeah...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 17

"Kermit!" Uncle Deadly reached his clawed blue hand towards the fire.

"PATIENCE DEADLY, PATIENCE," Death placed a bony hand onto Uncle Deadly’s shoulder. "THIS IS NOT OVER YET."

Uncle Deadly turned his blue head grimacing at Death. "Not over? They have fallen Death! We must go there now!"

"YOU ARE BEGINNING TO SOUND LIKE THE OTHER FOOLS HERE MY OLD FRIEND, TRUST ME. PATIENCE IS THE KEY." Death reassured the phantom.

Deadly inhaled through his nostrils. The dragon-like creature returned his focus to the fire and hoped beyond all hope that Death was right.

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

"SAVE FROG! SAVE FROG!" Animal repeated as he ran through the halls of the Exodian space port.

"Yeah yeah! Robin needs us!" Fozzie said.

"Si si, even little frogs need helps, hokay?" Pepe chimed in as he and Rizzo ran along side Fozzie.

Bobo hobbled in with Piggy wiped out on his shoulder. "Hey guys?" Bobo panted. "Slow down, Piggy can’t jog...She...Passed out..." Bobo said.

Butch and Clyde tagged behind the others. "Hey, hey Butch?" Clyde asked his boss. "Are we good guys now?"

"Well...Uh...Yeah I guess, it seems like these guys here need our help, although, we aren’t licenced psychiatrists, so we can’t help that much," Butch said as they both continued towards the throne room.

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

Gonzo and Kermit fell down the crack on the planet’s surface that Exod had opened. "Kermit! Don’t let go of my hand!" Gonzo called down.

"I wasn’t going to!" Kermit called back clenching Gonzo’s furry blue hand with all his might.

Gonzo scanned the rocky sides of the cracked wall, he saw an opportunity and grabbed it, literally. He reached out his free hand and held onto a ledge of cliff halfway down the hole.

"Kermit, are you alright?" Gonzo asked, still feeling the presence of Kermit’s hand in his.

"I’ve been in better situations," Kermit gulped.

Gonzo breathed recklessly. "Please don’t leave me Kermit," Gonzo said.

Kermit gulped. "I won’t Gonzo, I promise."

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

Exod’s laugh echoed through the halls and the throne room, he had won.

Or so he thought, Onzgo hoisted himself up off the floor. "Exod!" he cried in rage.

Exod turned back to the leader of the Gonzonians. "Onzgo," he nodded.

"You have taken this too far!" Onzgo stamped his foot. "Not only have you not released the Earthling prisoners, but you have destroyed my brother!"

"I love it when my work goes appreciated," Exod said as he began to stroll over towards Onzgo.

"I will wipe you out!"

"You would try."

Onzgo closed his eyes and inhaled. "This is the last straw," he said calmly.

"Daddy don’t," Flanzgo reached a chained hand towards her father.

"Let me be," Onzgo told her. He reached to the top of his head and took off his jeweled crown. His head reached to nearly the top of where the crown would have been.

"And just what do you plan on doing with that thing?" Xaldin cackled out from the top of the throne.

Onzgo turned his tall head to the throne, he stuck out his three fingers and pointed them towards the creature. "This!" he shouted, sending Xaldin flying back against the wall in a blast of psychic power.

Onzgo stood battle ready staring Exod in the eyes. "It is time," the UberGonzo said loudly. Onzgo charged forward towards the arch ruler Exod without fear.

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

Kermit held tightly to Gonzo’s right hand with both of his, and Gonzo held onto the ledge with his left.

"Kermit...I’m so sorry..." Gonzo finally said.

"Gonzo...You have nothing to be sorry for, you’ve done nothing wrong!" Kermit argued.

"Oh but Kermit...I brought you all here on this crazy space journey...Now we’re all basically doomed...Oh Kermit..."

Kermit smiled and looked up at Gonzo. "This looks familiar
Vaguely familiar
Almost unreal yet
It’s too soon to feel yet
Close to my soul
And yet so far away
I’m going to go back there someday," Kermit sang softly.

Gonzo looked down at his friend with his huge nose. "Sun rises, night falls
Sometimes the sky calls
Is that a song there?
And do I belong there?
I’ve never been there
But I know the way
I’m going to go back there someday," Gonzo chimed in.

"Come and go with me
It’s more fun to share
We’ll both be completely
At home in midair," Gonzo continued.

"We’re flyin’ not walking
On featherless wings
We can hold onto love
Like invisible strings," Kermit finished the verse.

"There’s not a word yet
For old friends who’ve just met," both friends sang in harmony.
"Part heaven, part space
Or have we found our place?" both of them nodded at once.

"You can just visit," Kermit sang alone.
"And I’ll visit too."

"I’m going to go back there with you," they both finished the song.

"Yeah," Gonzo nodded.

"We love you you know Gonzo," Kermit smiled.

"I know Kermit, I know. I love you guys too."

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

Xander and Xaldin watched as Exod and Onzgo did battle with each other, Exod erupting geysers and Onzgo hurling psychic energy. "Go boss!" Xander called.

Xaldin tipped his head towards him. "You should be a cheerleader," he said sarcastically.

"Oh I was," Xander replied.

Xaldin slapped his head, so he had his hand over his eyes when Piggy and the others ran into the throne room.

"Miss Piggy!" Robin shouted from his chains on the wall.

The frog’s small voice didn’t stop the fighting for a second, Exod and Onzgo continued to attack each other with their respective powers.

Fozzie gulped. "Oh Piggy...Do we have to?" he whined.

"You better believe it bub!" Piggy growled.

"Nice alliterations, hokay?"

"Don’t worry Robin, Piggy’s comin’!" Rizzo called over.

"Yeah, and so are you!" Piggy grabbed Rizzo by the jacket and dragged him along. When none of the others followed, Piggy shot them a glare making them hop to it.

Xaldin began to get annoyed. "How many of these Earthlings are there?"

"Hey!" Robin called to the alien. "One thing you should learn about the Muppets, we always come in groups!"

Xaldin hissed at the frog and jumped off the throne landing right in front of the others. "Hello Earthlings, come to join the party, eh?"

"Oh there’s a party!" Clyde said. "Butch, we should’ve brought an appetizer!"

Butch shook his head. "Every time there’s a party you forget one Clyde! Every time!"

Xaldin blinked. "Are these guys for real?"

"Oh yeah," Piggy rolled her eyes. "They really are that dumb."

"How come you guys are getting all the good jokes?" Fozzie asked.

"Blame da writers," Rizzo said.

Xaldin tilted his head. "Excuse me, but I came here to fight you and..."

"Oh no excuse us little fella," Bobo said. "Please go right ahead."

"Thank you," Xaldin replied. He jumped into action and camouflaged into the room.

"Look what ya did Clyde, you scared ‘im off!" Butch yelled.

"I did not, he just turned-" Clyde was knocked over.

"He he he he!" cackling echoed around the Muppets.

"What the-" Pepe started before he was picked up off the ground and hurled across the room.

Rizzo began to hop around in fear, "Oh my go-Where did he-How are we gonna-OH SOMEONE HELP US!" the rat shouted.

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

Gonzo looked up. "Rizzo?" he whispered. "Rizzo!" he shouted in realization. "Kermit we’ve gotta do something!"

Kermit’s fingers were beginning to numb. "There isn’t much we can do Gonzo!"

"But we have to help them! We just have to!"

Kermit frowned. "We can’t..."

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

Flanzgo watched in horror as her father was hit with a geyser, then regained happiness as Onzgo blasted Exod with psychic energy. She looked down at her hands, her wrists were still chained, she looked down the chains, they stretched all the way to the back wall. She looked at the back wall, Zongo was still knocked out, hanging silently, and Robin...Robin shouted, cheering on his friends from Earth, but Flanzgo could see through him, he was hurting inside, his uncle had fallen. Her uncle had fallen as well.

She crawled over to the crack in the floor dragging her chains behind her. "Uncle Gonzo! Can you hear me?!" she shouted down the hole.

"Flanzgo?" Gonzo’s voice echoed up. "Flanzgo! Can you help us?"

Flanzgo looked around. "I...I don’t know...How far down are you?"

There was no response for a second. "Probably about thirteen feet!"

"How do you know that?" Kermit’s froggy voice asked.

"It’s a weirdo thing."

Flanzgo looked around. "There’s nothing here for me to throw down!" she began to breath recklessly, "I’ll think of something! I promise!" she put her hands up to her mouth to make her voice louder. She looked down at her wrists. "Wait! I’ve got it!" she threw her hands over the side letting the chains fall down the chasm. And as Kermit’s fingers began to slip from Gonzo’s grasp, the two friends began to realize that Flanzgo was their last hope.