1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Old Forum: Need a picture next to your membername?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

How do you get an animation as your avatar?:search:
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I think it's because the picture size is small, small, small. It's a really really old gif.
  3. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I did a newer Avatar for mine. You can actually make it 200x200 pixels like I did in photoshop. If anyone needs help resizing their avatars or making them, let me know by sending a PM. I wouldn't mind helping out if anyone needs it! ;)
  4. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Just making sure...it's okay to use any internet picture for my avatar? even if I don't know any copyright issues?
  5. MuppetCaper

I am pretty sure you can use any kind of picture for your avatar. I think most the people on MC do...or any other forum for that matter. It's just for your personal use.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I'm useing a pic of me this time around, but no telling how long I will keep it.
  7. MuppetCaper

Nice Muppet Pic....don't remember that character. Maybe in the next Muppet Movie? ;)
  8. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Oh, good. Thanks! Now I just have to choose...:confused:
  9. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

New avatar for me. I went to all the trouble of making the background transparent so he'd look like he was all dynamic and bursting out of the frame, and he ends up in a little white box anyway. Phooey.

I get the impression from earlier posts that animated GIFs won't animate as avatars. If so, phooey. I'd love to 8-bit this image and animate it in the style of the original Move Your Feet video.
  10. MuppetCaper

You might want to save the file as a .png file and then upload it to see if this works. It works like a .gif file and leaves the background of your avatar transparent.
  11. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I think the box is part of the board's format, as it has a blue border. I'm not too worried about that; I could have seen it coming, in fact, if I'd looked closely at the board before making my icon.

I'd rather have GIF animation, but I'm guessing that's a no-go.
  12. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

What's the new icon size? My Red's all pixely now :p
  13. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Redsonga has a point, I'm going to change my avatar (first time in 2 years, heh) to Puppyduck soon enough but I'd like to know the new size.
  14. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.