Ocean Breeze Soap

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Even I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but here goes:

HISTORY:
This delves into my private life some, but so nobody confuses my Dad and Stepmom with plaigiarism, I felt it's necessary. My mom and dad divorced when I was 4, so while my dad knows of my fandom for The Muppets, he knows absolutely NOTHING about them (unlike my mom who corrects people about the two old men in the balcony being Statler and Waldorf).

My dad and stepmother own a gift basket and florist shop in Oxford, MS. Well, they also work the flea market circuit on the weekends and sell some of their products, and once every 2 or 4 weeks they come to Memphis, TN, to the flea market here and that's when I go to see them.

Today, they were selling their hottest products which is body oils, scented/burning oils, and soaps. I overhear my dad making a sale on a burning oil product and his pitch is, "This is what we call Ocean Breeze, it's like a vacation without going anywhere."

DING! A red flag goes off in my head adn when the people leave I ask him, "You seen Muppets Take Manhattan lately?" He says, "What? No. Why?" And I explain Kermit's amnesia and his job at the advertising agency and the Ocean Breeze Soap, which he replies, "Oh, yeah, we sell that, too; and in body oils."

Ocean Breeze Soap, it's like taking a vacation without really going anywhere. :smile: And my dad didn't even realize he was selling Kermit's fake product as a real product of their own (they mix and make all their own products at home).

So, I told him that the gang at Muppet Central might actually want to buy some Ocean Breeze Soap (or body oil or scented burning oil--which is safer than candles) and here's their website address and my step-mom's e-mail address:

www.giftbasketsandetc.com
susanbket@bellsouth.net

Keep in mind, it doesn't have a fancy packaging like in the movie, but it'd be cool to have that somewhere and just SAY, "Yeah, it's the stuff Kermit sales." Just even as a novelty thing.

Check it out.

(PS: It does smell good, too. I got me some!)