Numbers of the Night

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yep, definatly time for a detailed reveiw, since I enjoy them, I'm sure others do too.

The Count said:
Chapter 12
Yes, thats 12, 12 vonderfull chapters already! Yet each has been such delightfull reading it hardly seems possible we can have come so far. Can there only be the 10 and the final Goblem-Queen fight? I wonder....

Yes, Edward was in a familiar setting indeed. He was back on the New York cityscapes first visited when he set out to reclaim both the numbers and the castle.
Ah, brillient. That first sentence is just filled with the style of your stories. The kind I can hear being read in the slow spooky narrator's voice. Also, it's good how you re-cap that he's reclaiming the castle.

"Hmmm, never thought that Oscar's little trick would become a nuisance."
And neither did I! But I certainly love it. I can picture it all happening!

Menaces as minor as these were taken care of instantly.
Yes, our hero certainly is cool as a cat.

"M-m-m-m-meow."
And, speaking of cat's...

Brillient! Just what we need. Evil cats are so....pictuesque!

But Edward was ready, as soon as he pressed the button on his belt marked by the spider symbol. "Spider Whip" came his cry, prepared to attack his purrrrsuer.
Purrrrrrrfect use of puns, as ever.

To his surprise, he got some help as soon as the window opened up. "Who's there?"
Indeed who was this? Will we ever know...

Then he realized that the window was slammed, sending both him and the storm cloud falling downwards to the street below.
Oh, I wasn't expecting that. When he fell it was certainly a breath-caught in throat moment.

Using another spider whiplash, he snapped up the marble number 9 and was teleported out of harm's way.
Phew! He made it!

But, was he transported out of harm's way....or into it! Can't wait to find out!!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Wonderful chapter, Count, wonderful chapter. And I think I saw a Rowlf! Very awesome.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh you do, do you?

*Confidentially... Yes, that was Rowlf. The battle scene for this boss was my attempt of recreating his classic cameo on SS, during the Song of the Number 9/Falling Baker sketch where he shows up and counts nine lights.
As I said, there'll be more Muppet cameos towards the end. But you'll have to wait and see if I get that far.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Laughing... Nope.
Can play this teasing game with you and Bo also.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Count, you are cruel, cruel, cruel, and um... cruel.

So give us more story.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I intend to. Just not sure if it'll be today though.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*thinks* What if I threatened to not post the ending on What's on the Other Side until the Numbers of the Night had a new section...*evil laughter*

What would Lisa think of that, lol.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nah... That wouldn't work Bo. Remember when we took turns posting sections of our stories and we... uh, dropped the ball?
So just post when your story's ready and I'll post when mine's done too.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ah yes....I do remember that now. And I was, of course kidding. I'll just finish off this bit (and some more schol work....maybe) then I canpost it sooooooooon/tomorrow!

Beau