Now it's Billy Mays...

Drtooth

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_billy_mays

There has been no shortage of depressing celebrity deaths this week... all shocking and unexpected. While I can't say I'm a huge fan of the guy, he followed the Kermit the Frog model of advertising... telling people what a product actually DOES... something bold in the "Let's rip off the Office" commercial field of today.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just heard this news! His screaming always annoyed me, but I always found it somewhat strangely appealing, He did it with style.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
So much for the "it comes in three's" concept. A tip of the old Orange Glow to Billy!

BlakeMP

Reaction score
Wow. I'm gonna miss him. And Pitchmen.

This week has been awful, like a bad slasher movie. Final Destination: Celebrity Edition.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I noticed the article on CNN.com. My condolences to his family.

R.I.P. :sympathy:

Nick22

Reaction score
NO! WHAT? COME ON! :frown: I CAN'T BELIEVE BILLY MAYS DIED! i always thought he was extremely annoying, but it was always fun to make fun of his annoyingness and yelling.

R.I.P BILLY
R.I.P ED
R.I.P FARAH
R.I.P MICHAEL

wouldnt it be the weirdest (and saddest) thing if two other celebrities died today? making it 3? *prays to God it wont happen and that i didnt just jynx it*

Redsonga

Reaction score
This is scary :confused:!

You know, he and MJ were born the same year..maybe that year has something linked to it? I remember my ma use to say that in the fifties the government used a bunch of things freely that we now know are very toxic...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
He's one of the reasons for my rule not to buy something from someone who's screaming at me. I'm sure his infomercials will live on for years to come. I always thought a heart attack was how he'd go. Falling luggage? It's very sad. Everyone seems to be passing away.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's very sad. Everyone seems to be passing away.
At the risk of being rude, while still depressing, it's becoming very creepy and coincidental. Ed was pretty old, and Farrah had a dengerous, deadly illness.... but Michael and Billy really went unexpectedly.

And a concussion is NO laughing matter. If someone falls asleep after having one, it can kill them, as the case here.

Again, I'm not a huge fan of his, but in an era where LOLWHUT internet video/Office clone commercials rule the airwaves (even with kid's commercials) it was disappointingly refreshing to have someone tell you what a project ACTUALLY does.