None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:sigh:

I knew it was too good to last.

I mean things were going well, we were starting off with a rather comfortable summer for once, which is virtually unheard of around here... but I guess it wasn't meant to be after all, because now we're back up in the 90s again, and it looks like it's going to stay that way for a while.

One thing that I don't get is this:
http://www.weather.com/news/climate-states-20120619

Why isn't Tennessee on that list? I mean seriously, the kind of weather we've had these past couple of weeks or so are actually supposed to be AVERAGE for us! Low 80s for June, mid 80s for July, high 80s for August, that's what an average summer is SUPPOSED to be for us, but anymore, it's anywhere between 90-105 for June, 105-115 for July and August, so why isn't Tennessee on this list?

Hubert

Reaction score
It's probably because if you read the article carefully, the list is based on how much it changed from year to year, so TN must not have changed as much as those others. Also, it's not based on opinion, it's the top ten that had the biggest change, so TN could've been like number eleven or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So much for a comfortable summer this year, the heat is RULLY intensifying... and of course, leave it for the air condition to break down again.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh man I'm sorry, that's the worst. Our swamp cooler is our saving grace when it get's so hot.

The heat's really hurting the wildfire situation here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, same here... not looking forward to it.

We've got like ONE day below 90 this week, and that's about the only "relief" we're looking forward to...

Vincent L

Reaction score
30 degrees C and I'm already dying from the heat.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I think tomorrow's forecasted to be our fifth straight day of over 100 degree weather.