1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New UK 2012 Labyrinth Stuff

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Kermieuk, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Lots of stock images there, sigh. I guess they couldn't use the lovely new art from the Talenthouse contest. Here are some bits I like, such as "Learn to Love a Wimp" and "Quiet please I'm trying to be miserable." What caught my eyes was the Fraggle books. No info on them, not even titles or cover images, and they're print-on-demand. Will these be new books, or rehashes of old ones, I wonder?

And what is this "Fraggle Rock: Raiden Remix"? I found it on Amazon, and the sample was loud and thumpy and I didn't hear any hint of the FR theme in there.
  3. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the same images we already saw anywhere else.
    I mean I can get my own towels or t-shirts printed on any online print shop.
    I was hoping to see new books or toys/figures...
  4. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

This is so awesome! I've been dreaming about affordable official Labyrinth merch for years now! It's soooooo cool that I don't have to settle for the cheap, unofficial stuff I can find on Cafepress and other sites all over the web. For a second I was afraid you were bringing my hopes up only to beat them to a bloody, unrecognizable pulp.
  5. Scooterforever

Seriously, who the **** has the license for Labyrinth merchandise right now, and why haven't they made more? I'd gladly pay $80-100 for an officially licensed statue or figurine of Sir Didymus sitting atop Ambrosius. Get on the ball, people:mad::shifty::boo::grr::(:grouchy::sigh: .
  6. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

You said it: Figures/Statues please!
  7. Rachael

Rachael Member

Yeah, same old same old. I wish someone - anyone -would make some decent Labyrinth figurines or statuettes. All of the ones of Jareth have been lacklustre, and I can't think of a single piece of merchandise which features Sarah's likeness (beyond the usual suspect, i.e. kiddy activity books from 1986).
  8. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Sarahs likeness was also in the Storybook and photo album of course. Plus the crappy comics.
  9. Rachael

Rachael Member

Yes, I've actually compiled all of the illustrations of Sarah below. The only version that looks remotely like Jennifer Connelly is from the Storybook (the one right at the bottom)-

[​IMG]

Most of the illustrations in the activity/sticker books seem to draw directly from the Marvels comics. This is probably the most telling panel (mainly because it depicts something that never happened in the film) -

[​IMG]
  10. Scooterforever

I'd be up for making a petition to have more Labyrinth merchandise produced and sending it to the Henson company. Don't know if it would work, but you never know.
  11. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Exactly. I do love the storybook, it is really lovely with lots of funny details.
    (BTW great comparisons you did)